feeding veges

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bluereptile

Reaction score
hello all,
i have a one yr old eastern BTS and i know what to feed it and what there diet is made up of. but i just wanted to see how BTS and bearded dragon owners get there reptiles to eat there veges. also what do you manly feed your animals on :)
cheers

Well my Beardy is fussy when it comes to vegies some times he loves them sometimes he doesnt, I just tried on all the fruits and veggies that were not toxic SO i came to his favourites and then every now and then i mix it up but he seems for keen on veggies with abit of Calcium powder on top. He loves mango endvie and strawberries but occasionally he eats cut up grapes

bok choy. cant get enough of it.
and mangoes. carrot sometimes. squash. strawberries.
sometimes grapes. snow peas. spinach...

bok choy, cos lettuce, peas, beans, carrot sometimes, pumpkin or sweet potato sometimes too. And if we're eating fruit at that time of the season I'll throw some in too.

By the way Spinach is toxic, probably not a good idea feeding.

I have 3 eastern blue tongues and they're not too keen on veges so I mix steamed chopped up carrots,peas,a little corn,and beans in low fat dog food (beef or chicken) and they eat the veges in the mix. Works well for me. Also, as they're young, my vet told me to dust their food with calcium and vitamin D3 powder and mulit vitamin powder.

They also love snails, mealworms, cockroaches, blueberries, strawberries, mango, banana and grapes all chopped up

I shall be picking up my bearded dragon in the next week or two.
Being that i work in a fruit n vegie shop supply of off cuts is no hassle for me to come across for him, but What i want to know is what fruit/vegies/herbs are Toxic too bearded dragons, or should be fed only as an occasional treat so when im putting together a bag of goodies to bring home i know what not to include more than anything??
I know Avocado is a no no for most animals so im guessing dragons also..
Ive heard mixed things about both spinach/silverbeat and Parsley

My beardies are still olny a few months old so they dont really eat much veges, but one of them eats corn and the other will eat carrot and tiny grapes lol

Lettuce is a no-no and apparently spinach or spinach leaves can block calcium intake. Not too much carrot and definately no avocado. My beardies and netteds go crazy over buk or pak choy and my blueys love grapes, banana, blueberries, apple, rockmelon, watermelon, honeydew, strawberries, tomato, grated pumpkin, potato, corn, broccoli, mango, the list goes on however they wont eat leafy stuff. If yours are like mine were and wont initially take to veg and fruit then what I did was fed them up till they had a bit of weight to play with then stopped feeding them for a week. Then only fed them fruit and veg, then if they didnt eat they got starved for another week. They soon learnt to eat what put in front of them.

mine both ate carrot from about 5 months of age.. they now eat anything. bok choy and pak choy are now the favorites, sometimes with squash on the side

I have 3 eastern blue tongues and they're not too keen on veges so I mix steamed chopped up carrots,peas,a little corn,and beans in low fat dog food (beef or chicken) and they eat the veges in the mix. Works well for me. Also, as they're young, my vet told me to dust their food with calcium and vitamin D3 powder and mulit vitamin powder.

They also love snails, mealworms, cockroaches, blueberries, strawberries, mango, banana and grapes all chopped up
Corn is no good for beardies.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back