Serious morning sickness help needed!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon_Lover_85

Reaction score
Ok so I am taking a punt here in hope that some people will have some ideas to help. Maybe someone knows a natural remedy or 2?
Here goes..................
My mate is pregnant for the 3rd time :)shock:). The 1st pregnancy went relatively easy with little to no morning sickness:D, the 2nd pregnancy she was violently ill through the entire 9 months to the point of costing her upto $60 day:x in medication to help ease the icky feelings:(. Now number 3 and again she is violently ill. The doctors keep prescibing her stuff and she gets acupuncture however not alot seems to be helping. This poor woman is so ill that she has had to give up work only 8 weeks into the pregnancy. Lucky she has her mum and dad to help her with the boys while hubby goes to work.
Please surely someone has an idea?;)

Apparently my advise came a little late for her........Avoid getting pregnant in the first place...........easy solution I thought ;):rolleyes::D

LOL sorry my missus is preggas atm for the third time also ..... i know it sounds strange but cystalized ginger seem to work for her give it a try and let me know how it goes

My wife says don't get pregnent to start with. She was a fortunate one with no morning sickness. It will be all worth it in the end though.

Yep I have heard ginger works too......but didn't for me. Four months of throwing up a couple times a day, then the last 3 months fainting. Joy. Then I did it all over again! Some women just react differently I suppose.

I personally never felt a thing when my wife got pregnant - I think women just bung morning sickness on for sympathy ............. JUST JOKING :)

My wife used those wristbands that are used for motion sickness and they seemed to work a little. One good thing - morning sickness only last for a short while ;)

Hey guys thanks so much for the advice. She has tried maxilon, and i think ginger however I will check for certain. Keep the tips coming please as eventually something might come through and work for her.

When i was playing footy and ran myself ragged to the point of spewing up a mid wife told me to suck on ice for the nausea while you're feeling nausious. She said it works for morning sickness and completely chemical free and helps to rehydrate you when you can't hold anything down.

Asked mum for suggestions, she got pretty sick with me, she says try plain biscuits before she gets up, and sarsaparilla

Frozen icy drinks stopped with my queezyness of morning sickness but I had it througout my whole pregnancy... Frozen iced coffee was one thing and ginger beer was another and lemonade...

the nausea is due to high levels fo estrogen, and is as you say variable for each person and preganancy.
b vitamins help, eating before getting up in the am may help, ginger is a known antinauseant, and i think blackmores or similar have a travel sick ginger formula in tablet form.
you could check the blackmores phytolife formula, its a soya based supplement that tones down estrogen slightly, and may be worth trying. its marketed for menopause, but dont let that put you off. the small amt of soya is not harmful for her or the baby.its in tablet form one a day too.
hope you find something(s) that help.

i found eating crystalized ginger helped. it sounds grose and i thought it would make me worse but mum swore by it, so i tried it and it worked really well.

Sao crackers and water before she even sits up in bed in the morning can help. I also found that with my girls (whom both made me very sick) that Gaviscon helped alot because part of the morning sickness was caused by indigestion.

when my wife was pregant she was sick every day until our son was born, she spent a large part of the pregnancy in hospital on drips and maxilon and phernergan.
i used to get up with her and throw up in sympathy. some things work for some and not others.
hope she does not suffer to much.
cheers:)

Tell your friend to check out the natural remedies in her local health food store... Or woolworths has in their vitamins aisle a natural medicine for morning sickness.... I suppose its just a matter of finding what works for her and that may take some time but i wish her luck in finding it.... I know of one person who found that if they had some dry crackers before they got out of bed in the morning they felt a little better throughout they day.... Give that a try !!!

oh the poor woman! i have nothing but sympathy for her.i had morning sickness with my second son for about 6 months. and there wasnt really anything that made me feel better,i tried the ginger but it made me feel worse for some reason and i tried maxilon and eating crackers and such and a few natural remedys...it is very true when they say that EVERY woman is different and it just might be that she is one of the unlucky ones like i was where not a lot will really help her. which is awfull to say :(..... i hope she does find somethng to ease her pain, even if it lessens the symptoms a little bit.its so dangerous for mum and for bubby when there is severe morning sickness,there is actually a name for the conditon which escapes me right now...good luck to her xx

I'm not sure if you have heard of it or not, but Stemetil is another anti-emetic (anti nausea medication) which may or may not work, but you will have to see a doctor about getting some. It isn't nice having to resort to prescription medications but for the well being of mum it might well be worth it. Ondansetron is also another anti-emetic medication, which is normally used in patients on chemotherapy who suffer from vomiting and nausea. Both of these drugs, as far as I'm aware, need a prescription, and both I definately know will need the supervision of a doctor, or at least a midwife. Is your wife under a midwifery program. I know where I work (in north east rural Victoria) we have a midwife program where pregnant women have a midwife assigned to them especially and when they have any troubles they can present to the hospital or ring the hospital and usually get in contact with their own midwife who knows their situation.

I hope this helps a little, if you need any more information just ask!!!
Jamie:D

I also know the name for that condition... it is called Hyperemesis Gravidarum. I love being a nurse. lol :D

my sister in law wa sin exactaly the same suituation, had to stop work at 8 weeks. hers improved and got better at about the 5 month stage. at least she didnt put on any weight lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back