What PC thing really gets up your nose?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

slim6y

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
We all know the world is getting more and more PC - but how ridiculous is this?

In one instance in Britain a person requesting a 'reliable employee' was asked to change their wording because it discriminated against 'unreliable' people... Although, the request was later withdrawn and seen as ridiculous.

But has the world really gone too PC?

We're so soft these days - we really do need to Harden the hell up!!!

This softness is the reason we're beginning to fail as a community....

So here's a story that touched my wee heart....

Midget, chesty women ad sparks anger

A CONTROVERSIAL job ad calling for a large chested woman or a midget to act as a beer wench at a rugby series in New Zealand has been filled.

Last month, a group of 30 men placed an ad for a "beer bitch" to fetch cold drinks for them at the Rugby Sevens in Wellington.

The lucky applicant would be rewarded with "cuddles and shoulder rides", wrote the men, who run a blog called When in Rome Bro.

The blogs creator, JP Tocker, said they'd received about 60 applications for the food and beverage "runner" gig, but the stunt, which outraged the organisation Little People of New Zealand, was meant to be funny.

"We were kind of waiting for (negative fallout), but we actually got a lot of positive feedback from people sick and tired of all the PC crap that's going on, Mr Tocker told the Dominion Post.

The successful applicant, little person Dan Morrah, said people who complained about the stunt were being too sensitive.

"It's time they just chilled out and relaxed. I have got no problem doing it," said Mr Morrah, who will dress as an oompa loompa or another fictional creature for his fifth Rugby Sevens experience, which kicks off on Friday.

On the back of the stunts success, Mr Morrah has landed an audition for Sir Peter Jackson's movie The Hobbit.

Taken from: Midget, chesty women ad sparks anger | The Courier-Mail

Good Luck Mr Morrah!!!!

I think people do go way too far in the name of political correctness - the English are no longer allowed to read Snow White and the Seven Dwarves to their kids, it's The Snow Princess and the Seven Vertically Challenged People.

Having said that, I'm also a fan of old fashioned manners and courtesy. the term 'Beer B$%#h' gets up my nose because it's rude and unnessesary to swear in public when ' Busty Beer Wench' etc would serve the purpose.

People who go on about PC give me the utters. Its all garbage perpetuated by half soaked misogynists, racists and the feotal achohol effected, get over it, get a life, christ, get an education.
How can left wing diatribe be politically correct if it under a right wing government. Most of those PC laws came into effect in places like Britain under Thatcher. remember her?
Its not about being PC, its about being a decent person and not putting garbage on and degrading other people to make up for your own feelings of self doubt and worthlessness unless thats what they are into in which case drop me a PM.

The one that I find the most appauling is that it is no longer "acceptable" to display an Australian flag in some establishments eg. Big Day Out., as it may "offend" some people.
What country do we live in?

And people look at me strange when I tell them I don't want children..... Why would I want to bring kids into this crazy mixed up world?

The one that I find the most appauling is that it is no longer "acceptable" to display an Australian flag in some establishments eg. Big Day Out., as it may "offend" some people.
What country do we live in?

My bosses wife told me I couldn't hang one of those plastic Aussie flags out the window of my company car during the lead up to Australia day because some people might consider it racist! Go figure! If I lived in the US and I wanted to fly a US flag during independace day weekend, would that be considered racist??

It's too easy to get sued for everything now days! I say lets abolish all lawyers and bring back the thunder dome!!

at my old job they put changing the name of the "mail room" on a list of agenda items for a management meeting...... r u freaking kiding me
!!!!

I hope you don't seriously believe that ?

I think people do go way too far in the name of political correctness - the English are no longer allowed to read Snow White and the Seven Dwarves to their kids, it's The Snow Princess and the Seven Vertically Challenged People.

people in this thread make me giggle. I dont think the two flag comments in this thread have anything to do with PC.

All i can say is thank jesus people do put flags out the windows of their cars. I left my house the other day and had completly forgotten what country i lived in... I think there comes a point where bandishing the aussie flag arround fails to do anything at all. Least of all show the world how much of a good job we are doing. Can someone tell me the point of australia day becaus i fail to see.

I wonder about PC, i rarely see people putting up a stink about things, usually its just one off comments that are copied and amplified over the internet or tv shows like today tonight. These shows are so desperate for stories that 1 week they may be bashing on someone for using the word midget and the next week be bashing the midgets for being so PC.

One of the things i love most is when these ACA shows blame muslims for wanting christmas mangers taken down etc. For starters muslims hold jesus in high esteem and in general dont have a problem with christmas and secondly why would free thinking logical people who havnt given their souls to gods devine power want these religious symbols shoved down their throat everytime they go to buy a litre of milk.

"The Snow Princess and the Seven Vertically Challenged People" - ever heard of a joke - i think you watch too much ACA.

C'mon boa - don't let the truth get in the way of a good story....

And I reiterate - Bring back Noddy!

I hear they've actually renamed the story again to - Snow the melanin challenged person and the seven vertically challenges people.

Having said that, I'm also a fan of old fashioned manners and courtesy. the term 'Beer B$%#h' gets up my nose because it's rude and unnessesary to swear in public when ' Busty Beer Wench' etc would serve the purpose.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back