omg i think shes gravid!!??!!??

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

miss2

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
one of the bluies i picked up yesterday i think may be gravid. Shes huge. when i look at her compared to the other her sides are almost over flowing and her tail has much less fat then the other but her body is huge.
also when i run my fingers along her sides i can feel bumps about the size of a 10 cent piece every cm or so (on both sides) but if i touch her belly from underneath i can not feel anything abnormal.
she has previously suffered from the calcium defect ( sorry cant remember what its called), its all healed now but has left a bump and a dent. could that be the reason for the bumps along the belly or is she possibly gravid???
im so freaking excited for is she is :) :)

pics please let me know you opinion

Attachments

• DSCF0046.jpg
    DSCF0046.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 208
  • DSCF0052.jpg
    DSCF0052.jpg
    104 KB · Views: 186
  • DSCF0051.jpg
    DSCF0051.jpg
    133.7 KB · Views: 188
  • DSCF0048.jpg
    DSCF0048.jpg
    140.5 KB · Views: 156
  • DSCF0053.jpg
    DSCF0053.jpg
    113.1 KB · Views: 145
i'd say she either really likes her food :p or shes pregnant

thanks grizzles! does anyone else have an opinion from looking at the pics?

she looks pretty pregnant to me! but keep an eye on her and see what happens :) otherwise u could take her to the vet to be sure. but my bet is gravid :)

i agree with sweet she looks pregnant.....

because i have only had them for 2 days i dont know what weight she was before but i do know she has lived with the other one for 2 years :)

she has previously suffered from the calcium defect ( sorry cant remember what its called), its all healed now but has left a bump and a dent.

Do you mean secondary nutritional hyperparathyroidism?
How exciting for you (her being pregnant not the deficiency :p)! Remember to keep her diet up if she’s had a calcium deficiency before.

Miss2

Are you sure its female or are you assuming that because of its appearance?

i was told by the previous owner that it was a female but i know thats still not a %100 guarantee.
y do she thing she/he looks like a male?

i took them all to the vet yesterday for a check up and the vet said she thought she was pregnant but she didnt spend much time with her and does not specialize in reptiles so who knows

Another thing you may want to look into is body size, I have heard females usually have a longer body from front legs to back legs to accommodate for carrying babies. That is only if they are the same age... Just a theory..

Good luck! They look great.

They are male and female and she is gravid.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back