My New Dog

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mysnakesau

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Yesterday I travelled to N'cle to pick up my new dog from a Hunter Animal Rescue carer. He is registered as a staffy x. 12 month old boy named Asher. He is rather quiet, looks bored, but doesn't want to play. But that could be because he is fretting for the family we just took him away from. We've only had him a day :( Poor fellow. But he likes the kids and enjoys being around us. He is frightened of his squeaky toys we bought him :( so just chucked them across the yard. He'll go check them out in his own time.

Here he is..
064.jpg

My 8yr old daughter Mel
055.jpg

043.jpg

his awsome man, congratz :)

as for the squeeky toy, my grandmas bull terrier (11 year old at the time) NEVER liked squeeky toys, was scared of them! hahaha might just be a personal thing.

all the best with him :)

grats! he's a cute alright! learning to play will take time, sometimes they never learn. just remember not t pity him for what hes been through, but help him get excited about what a great life he has ahead of him! yay for your family and new pup :)

I've had a few rescue entre dogs. Don't recon i would ever own one again but i'm happy you guys are so stoked with your new friend.

Yeah my dog is petrified of squeaky toys so dont get your hopes up :p for 9 years we have been buying toys that dont make a sound haha Nice looking dog aswell :D

Nice dog there.. i think that breed is red nose pitbull x bull arab. mate has a 9 month old boy. funny dogs... how old is that btw.. seems to still have some growing to do..

he smells! hehehe :p jks had to say it lol

Joking? No joke, he DOES smell. Talk about fart, I booted him out today he stunk so bad. Must be the change over in diet.

Grannieannie nothing is known about his background prior to being rescued from the pound. I don't know how they know he is 12mths old but thats what they say he is so he is still only a youngster. So far, he has displayed himself as extremely placid, never showing any aggression or timidness apart from the squeaky toys and the hose we learnt today.

That is my 17 yr old daughter in the background. She tolerates but isn't a dog person...hahaha. Gets that from her father.

sssnakeman you are right. I have got the kids to back off like that until we know what he's gonna be like and that is going to be a long time observation. But he didn't seem bothered at all with my hands in his dinner bowl while he is eating. Not worried at all. So I am really confident that he will be the one. We have two week trial period with him but I don't think we will be giving him back. :D

What a beautiful little guy..

My mum's adopted dog was the same.. he was abandoned at 2 years old. When we got him home he was very quiet and withdrawn. He didnt even know how to play fetch.. we're sure he was never actually played with when he was with his other family, being a rather expensive purebred. Perhaps your Asher was an outdoor dog who was never given much attention or love.

Mum literally had to teach him how to play by putting toys In his mouth and then tugging them away again. Took a few weeks for him to settle in.. now he's the most playful, insane, 100-mile-an-hour-dashing mongrel.

Give him time to learn to love again :)

Those in the "know" can tell a dogs age by it's teeth, I know vets can, so that's probably how they got an approx age for him, and I guess it's size too. I hope it all turns out well for everyone.

Congrats on your newest addition to the fam, he looks the typical handsome goof with loads of kisses to spare hehe gotta love them bull breeds - as for the "aroma", get used to it :p Seems to be a trade mark with these doggies, my girl's are lethal!! :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back