HELP! lost bearded dragon (outdoors)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't give up mate think postive and just keep trying you will find him he will turn up.

Search, and search again places you have already looked. He may not have been there 10 mins ago, but he might be now?
Also, can you get together a few people, spread out and do like a grid search?

then how would he eat them? he is pretty stupid sometimes when he trys to eat the crickets thro the container :rolleyes:

Haha, Yeah that's what i meant, mine does the same thing. Once they see it moving they will go for it, then they will continuously lick the side of the container.

Make sure your looking up, once mine escaped from his outdoor enclosure and i found him 3 meters up a tree. Very difficult to spot, I only saw him because he was moving at the exact moment I glanced up the tree.

Go to the spot he escaped from and stand there 'thinking as a beardie would'. Which is the closest cover, where are the best perching places, where are there fence lines/walls that he may have followed. Using this method I've retrieved both an ackie and a beardie. With beardies they are likely to go upwards ie find somewhere to perch.

mine tend to bury themselves in the mulch under the ground covers or low shrubs, i'll often just find the tip of a tail or a little orange nose poking out.

do u have any females u could lure him out with?

see thru tubs of roaches as already mentioned and sunning cages with females should lure him in if its a nice day and hes still in view,....or it'll at least inspire big head bobs,..!!

good luck, hope u find ur man.

Go to the spot he escaped from and stand there 'thinking as a beardie would'. Which is the closest cover, where are the best perching places, where are there fence lines/walls that he may have followed. Using this method I've retrieved both an ackie and a beardie. With beardies they are likely to go upwards ie find somewhere to perch.

yes good advice, i used the same techniques to find beardies and water dragons

heheh thinking like a bearded dragon :D i tried this just now and i thought to myself 'post' as like that was a place i wanted to go, but nup i looked on all the fence posts and my patio post but i couldn't find him still. Im going out now in the afternoon and the dog is coming with us so hopefully he will come out when everything goes quiet and he will fall into one of my pit traps....

mine tend to bury themselves in the mulch under the ground covers or low shrubs, i'll often just find the tip of a tail or a little orange nose poking out.

do u have any females u could lure him out with?

see thru tubs of roaches as already mentioned and sunning cages with females should lure him in if its a nice day and hes still in view,....or it'll at least inspire big head bobs,..!!

good luck, hope u find ur man.

yeh we have our female beardie who lives with him, and she is in a bird avairy thing for he can visibilly see her if he wanted too. Im thinking that im going to go down there one morning and find him sleeping on the outside wire.

Hi, have u found him yet??
If not, did u physically pull the bar fridge out & have a good look in the back of it? Also all those pipes of your dad's, check all them. Any bigger rocks, & around tree roots, have a look for fresh digging, not a hole, as they cover the hole as they dig.
Let us know.

Wow, Sponge that ackie would have been lucky to find.

Yes I'd nearly ripped the garage apart, when I did the 'think like an ackie' meditation......it was cold wet weather so it he got out of the garage where would he be? Under the garden gnome just out side of the garage silly and yes there he was!

Have you found the beardie yet?

Yes I'd nearly ripped the garage apart, when I did the 'think like an ackie' meditation......it was cold wet weather so it he got out of the garage where would he be? Under the garden gnome just out side of the garage silly and yes there he was!

Have you found the beardie yet?

Haha, lucky. Found him?

nope no luck :( just got home now and did a nother lap around the garden and the shed, but nope nothing :( i cant search tomoz as i've got school. Any of u adelaidians want to do some backyard herping this week for a missing bearded dragon? there is a 100 dollar reward to who ever find him :(

are u a good herper.

no i am terrible at it seriously, im blind, as well as deaf, and i cant track things for crap :( i get excited if im lucky enough to find a skink that someone pointed out to me and i stood there for 2 mins asking 'WHERE IS IT!!!!???' :rolleyes: i dont know why, im just not good at it...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back