Dragon ID

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

phoebe

Reaction score
Went for a bushwalk today and found a few of these little dragons. I think they might be Mountain Dragon Rankinia diemensis but a second opinion would be great. We also found one similar to these but it was bright orange with that same pattern down it's back. Unfortunately didn't get a pic of this one. It was too quick.

First one
IMG_1024edit.jpg

Another one
IMG_1033edit.jpg

IMG_1034edit.jpg

IMG_1036edit.jpg

And a tiny hatchling :D
IMG_1040edit.jpg

thought you would have put the one with my hand so you could see the size of the last :p
and did you get the other message i put on your page :p

Hi mate yes they are Mountain Dragons, we get allot of them on the Cental Coast, depending on were i go for bushwalks i can see atleast 10 of them. Also great pictures.
Thanks Tim.

Hi mate yes they are Mountain Dragons, we get allot of them on the Cental Coast, depending on were i go for bushwalks i can see atleast 10 of them. Also great pictures.
Thanks Tim.

I was quite surprised at how close they let you get to them before they run off. And they camouflage so well!

Is Yengo any good? I've been wanting to go up there.

I was quite surprised at how close they let you get to them before they run off. And they camouflage so well!

Is Yengo any good? I've been wanting to go up there.
Yea you can get heaps close before they run away, sometimes they wont run and just sit there hoping you will just leave them alone:).
Yea it's allright, will send you a PM of the species i seen when i was up there.
Thanks Tim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back