Diamond Back Rattler

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

solar 17

Just got this in an e-mail, 14ft 6in diamond back rattler...cheers solar 17 [Baden]
4345973786_be5f0d0f8b.jpg

wow!!!! that has got to be one of the biggest venemous snakes in the world. but king cobras can grow bigger

Very funny:lol::lol::lol: i had to look twice before i realised it was a trick. Did anybody see a similar photo in a S&T Mag awhile back? Another man eating rattler:lol::lol::lol::lol:

good trick! that pole is facing towards the camera.................... it's magnified because of the distance of the officer, to the |MUCH closer distance of the snake to the camera!!!!!! GOOD ONE!! LOL

i dont get it :S

lol how is the pole facing the camera?

The pole and snake are much closer to the camera than the policeman and his car...therefore making the snake look enormous!

If not I wouldnt like to shake the hand of the guy holding the pole coz he must be bloody strong! :p

The pole is right up close to the camera & the trick is that
the head of the snake , the ground & the officers feet have been cut
out of the pic so as to not show distance between the two.

Optical illusion created by wide angle lens and distance btw the snake and background. There was one like that on the internet before (also diamondback). We have seen the same trick with crocodile on the back of a trailer. Good fun though.

Mmm, and just love the tongs, they probably broke the poor snake's neck!

The photos, taken by an unidentified civilian, were an unintentional trick of camera perspective. The captured snake was closer to the photographer than the law enforcement officer shown in the background. This made the venomous reptile appear larger than life.

QUOTE]
clearly you have never been around vipers like some of the north american rattlers its the only safe way to handle them, because they can strike at two times there body length so tailing is not an option.
[/QUOTE]
That rattlesnake would have died from injuries from the way it is being held.
The article
Thanks Bob
http://www.news4jax.com/news/21162885/detail.html

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back