Some of my fish

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noxious

Reaction score
My other hobby. Between my three hobbies; fish, snakes and women I manage to keep my funds fairly low most of the time.

Red Tailed catfish 70cm

q3.jpg

Red Scats 30 - 35cm. Kept in full FW.

q.jpg

Spotless clownknife 50cm

q1.jpg

Cichla temensis and Cichla monoculus (Peacock bass)

pbasss.jpg

I got the lungfish from a lungfish farm in QLD. Not sure if they sell to the public anymore as I'm pretty sure the company has changed hands.

Have a couple big tanks. 8x3x2.5 and 8x2x2.5 as well as some smaller 5'ers. Building a house at the moment with an even bigger built in pond/tank. Pics to come.

Last edited:
sorry forgot the fulltank shot, 8x2 reef tank. Can't get a decent one of the 8x3 due to positioning in the room.

reefer.jpg

lungfish are illegal to keep in qld. and all species must be handed in to the dpi. i had some that were a fraction over 4 ft and had to give them up.

Not sure why the lungfish picture came up again instead of the reef tank pic. Ill fix it shortly.

Thanks for the comments guys.

coz666 - must have been heartbreaking giving your lungys up.

yep that was 4 yrs ago and i still think of them. i was told they were released into somerset dam so i go out there fishing sometimes and i have caught and released a few but none that i think were mine.

I find it strange that they released them back into the wild population. Having been kept in a home aquarium they could have been exposed to pathogens. I hope the authorities screened these fish before releasing them.

Unreal fish Noxious, very impressive.
I am a keen aquarist as well, I keep freshwater natives.

How big is that Birchir? I've seen a couple in a shop (including an albino) for well over $300 each & only about 10cm tip to tail.

There's an aquarium shop in Sydney that has a large display tank with big catties etc in it (including a red tail, from memory). They also have things like giant gourami & alligator gar, very impressive. Your setup reminds me of that tank, well done.

Unreal fish Noxious, very impressive.
I am a keen aquarist as well, I keep freshwater natives.

How big is that Birchir? I've seen a couple in a shop (including an albino) for well over $300 each & only about 10cm tip to tail.

There's an aquarium shop in Sydney that has a large display tank with big catties etc in it (including a red tail, from memory). They also have things like giant gourami & alligator gar, very impressive. Your setup reminds me of that tank, well done.

bichir is ~25cm. I think ive visited the aquarium in Sydney I forget the name, had a big Wallago. I think the owners name is Norm. Cool shop.

Fish

Some of my mates fish

Attachments

• Clown Knifefish 2yrs         60 cms.jpg
    Clown Knifefish 2yrs 60 cms.jpg
    102.4 KB · Views: 232
  • Pleco 60cms 12 months!.jpg
    Pleco 60cms 12 months!.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 259
  • Redtail Catfish (9).jpg
    Redtail Catfish (9).jpg
    77.8 KB · Views: 270
Nice stuff mate. I know that we occansionally stock Albino Senegal and Senegal birchirs at the shop i work at, Auburn Aquarium ( if anyone knows it) and yes they go for around 250 to 300. At the old shop i worked at my boss had an 18 inch Tiger/Ornate (?) in a tank with a Green Base Chilli Red Aro and a silver aro, as well as a Giant Gourami. Have you ever seen any Occelaris bass for sale, im eager!! Also some Datnoids or Indo Tiger Fish as they are commonly called?

Nice stuff mate. I know that we occansionally stock Albino Senegal and Senegal birchirs at the shop i work at, Auburn Aquarium ( if anyone knows it) and yes they go for around 250 to 300. At the old shop i worked at my boss had an 18 inch Tiger/Ornate (?) in a tank with a Green Base Chilli Red Aro and a silver aro, as well as a Giant Gourami. Have you ever seen any Occelaris bass for sale, im eager!! Also some Datnoids or Indo Tiger Fish as they are commonly called?
i havent seen a butterfly peacock bass in ages, since i had my pair, and im pretty sure dats go for about 500-800$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back