Some of my fish

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice stuff mate. I know that we occansionally stock Albino Senegal and Senegal birchirs at the shop i work at, Auburn Aquarium ( if anyone knows it) and yes they go for around 250 to 300. At the old shop i worked at my boss had an 18 inch Tiger/Ornate (?) in a tank with a Green Base Chilli Red Aro and a silver aro, as well as a Giant Gourami. Have you ever seen any Occelaris bass for sale, im eager!! Also some Datnoids or Indo Tiger Fish as they are commonly called?

I have visited auburn aquarium before. I was a mad fish nut a few years back, just about visited every aquarium in brisbane, melb and sydney. I have cut down my collection alot lately. Due to work and university commitments, just not enough hours in the day. I have kept a heap of silvers in the past and an Asian green, never got into the high end Asian aros. I always thought for the price I would pay for one i could get myself 5 or 6 other oddballs.

Ornate bichirs and different from the Tiger bichirs, have a look on google. Ornates are very nice fish when young but they tend to wash out a lot with age. I was breeding senegals for 4 years until my big male died and I couldn't seem to get my hands on a viable male.

I haven't seen any occelaris in the flesh in australia, although I have heard they are here.Just get yaself some monocs not too much difference in appearance between ocellaris and monocs.

You need a FW stingray noxious..

Rays are next on the list.

Or an Alligator gar ;)

I have kept a heap of spotteds over the years never an alligator. Now that I have the big tank on the way I wouldn't mind some of the really big stuff. Havent seen any small gators for a while.

My female Giant gourami. Bit of an old photo fish is around 60cm at the moment

gout.jpg

Droooooool:) they're some nice fish you have there. can we get a pic of the tiger shovel nosed cat? love the andonis plec to how big is it I've heard that with tail fillaments they can get over 75cms long. I've had alot of tanks in the past now i only have a 40l tank that i breed cherry shrimp in. I wish i never got rid of my senagelese birchir, spotted bushfish and breeding pair of Uaroo. one day ill get some big tanks again:(

bichir is ~25cm. I think ive visited the aquarium in Sydney I forget the name, had a big Wallago. I think the owners name is Norm. Cool shop.
It's in Campsie, I think it's called Riverside Aquariums. Very unassuming shopfront, but whoa-mumma, they've got some unreal fish in there. Last time I was there they had some small alligator gar, can't remember the price, but from memory, I nearly fell over when I saw it.

Nice stuff mate. I know that we occansionally stock Albino Senegal and Senegal birchirs at the shop i work at, Auburn Aquarium ( if anyone knows it) and yes they go for around 250 to 300.
Yep, that was the place I was referring to (where I normally go for my natives). I thought they were a bit more exe than that? Or have the prices dropped? When are you guys going to get me a large sleepy cod to buy? haha

Droooooool:) they're some nice fish you have there. can we get a pic of the tiger shovel nosed cat? love the andonis plec to how big is it I've heard that with tail fillaments they can get over 75cms long. I've had alot of tanks in the past now i only have a 40l tank that i breed cherry shrimp in. I wish i never got rid of my senagelese birchir, spotted bushfish and breeding pair of Uaroo. one day ill get some big tanks again:(

Over the years i've gone through phases. I have had anywhere from 1 to 30 fish tanks going at one time, as well as my herps. I have 4 running at the moment and that is a nice medium for me. Adonis pleco pic is an old one, grown a lot since then. About 35cm now.

I need to get a new digi cam. The batteries leaked into my last one and destroyed it.

It's in Campsie, I think it's called Riverside Aquariums. Very unassuming shopfront, but whoa-mumma, they've got some unreal fish in there. Last time I was there they had some small alligator gar, can't remember the price, but from memory, I nearly fell over when I saw it.

Yep, that was the place I was referring to (where I normally go for my natives). I thought they were a bit more exe than that? Or have the prices dropped? When are you guys going to get me a large sleepy cod to buy? haha

That's the one! Was really starting to annoy, not being able to remember the name. Prices are always a bit more expensive at fish shops rather than buying privately, although if your going private you need to know the right people.

Sleep cod are an interesting native. I worked at a fish store when I was younger we had one living in the sump that we didn't find until it was about 40cm. Lived in total darkness and only fed off any small fish that somehow made their way into the sump.

some more pics, some of the fish i still have some are older pics. Some interesting fish amongst them.

Bay snook. P splendida.

pet2.jpg

Young Spotted gar

short.jpg

Delhezi bichir

delhezi2.jpg

Ornate bichir

ornate.jpg

Sleepy cod are an interesting native. I worked at a fish store when I was younger we had one living in the sump that we didn't find until it was about 40cm. Lived in total darkness and only fed off any small fish that somehow made their way into the sump.

haha, yeah, I do love my Aus predatory fish. Wow, that one you had in the shop was pretty hardy, must have been losing a few smaller fish for it to get to 40cm in there! Would love one that size. I've got a few different gudgeon at the moment, the snakehead gudgeon (25-30cm) & purple spot gudgeon are pretty keen on their feeder fish. I used to have a sleepy cod about 25cm, he was a ripper. When he'd hunt the feeders, he'd change colour from a uniform brown/grey to a dark grey belly & a sandy, almost white back, & slowly, slowly stalk the feeder fish until in range, then BAM. He rarely missed, a great hunter.

Love that spotted gar, how big is it? Love the mouth on those things, so crocodilian. Have you seen how large the alligator gar can get? To steal a line from JAWS, "You're gonna need a bigger tank" haha

What do you feed the birchir?

Im aware how big gator gars get. New house is equipped with a large pond/tank. Will have pics when it's all done in the next 12 months.

Bichirs get a mixture of sinking carnivore pellets, chopped prawn and whitebait.

Gar was about 10cm in that pic. 50cm + now owned by a friend.

I do know that we had some Fresh water Stingrays about 4 (?) years back at Auburn, they went for 2000 grand for two.

Ive seen pictures of Occelaris adults and Fry who are owned by one of my customers, needless to say he isnt too keen on spilling names around though, i wonder why? About 12 months ago i saw some Spotted Gars for sale at St George Aquarium, pretty nice.

Im now more into smaller stuff though, nano tanks and dwarfs, my latest craze is probably Electric Blue Rams, new to the market and look CRAZY. Im also keen on trying to setup a FOWLR tank for a pair of Dendrochirus Brachypterus (fuzzy dwarf lionfish).
Id love to see some more pictures of your fish mate, they amaze me!!

Hey Noxious, awesome fish mate!

Whats that in the background of the first RTC photo? Tiger Shovelnose by any chance? Got some pics of him?

Like I said before. Depends on who you know with all the rare bits. Shops tend to be more expensive than privately due to shops needing to pay the bills, which I can fully appreciate.

Asian green arowana

garooo.jpg

senegal bichirs (breeding pair) male in the front of pic

bichirpair.jpg

senegal fry - notice the external gills still present in very young fish

bichir.jpg

tsn 2x ~60cm

new3-1.jpg

More nice fish there Noxious, love those last catties

I do know that we had some Fresh water Stingrays about 4 (?) years back at Auburn, they went for 2000 grand for two.
I remember them. And I took a photo of them. And here they are.....(phone pic, poor quality)

stingrays.jpg

Some nice fish. Would love to get a RTC or TSN but haven't got the room. At the moment the biggest I have is a 8 year old Giant Gourami.

Noxious - Are you breeding the Senegal bichirs? They go for upwards of $200 here for fairly small ones.

very nice nox, you have got to wonder about lungfish. If the regulations have changed in the last couple years why?? if you go up to somerset, wivenhoe or the upper reaches of the brisbane river they are everywhere, in the late afternoon you can literally see hundreds of them surface.

Yes I was breeding the senegals for a few years. Raised over 500 young.

Hey nice photo Sock Puppet, next time your in ill have to say hello, im the lanky looking teenager XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back