Need help please guys & girls!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
l would feed them up but stop one week before you leave , this will leave no undigested food in them . Then lots of newspaper , two big water bowls and turn off the power . You live in Brissy and it will be summer . This way there will be no tragic thermostat malfunctions to cook your snakes . They would be fine like this for a month .
im just worried bout when they pass water not solid food. i just thought it cant be good if they're swimming in their own filth. lol

Well IMO make some new friends who have reptiles.

I have left mine for 2 weeks without food they were fine I have a big crockery pot filled with water that had enough for them while I went away...They will be fine. Good luck..
Jungletrans summer ends here soon and it starts to get cooler...

Snakelove what type of snakes have you got???
yeah i'll have to get to know some people who has reptiles that i trust. I have a woma and a spotted. woma should be around 14 months and spotted would be 24months+ when i go overseas so they should be able to thrive longer. just worried bout em =(

haha well im a experienced snake handler living in chermside haha (yet to get my first snake or even touch a snake for the matter)

As others have said Maria from Brisbane Pet Superstore at Stafford might be able to help you...

You could have two water bowls, and maybe lightly spray the enclosure before you leave? Ive also heard you shouldnt feed them if you are going away because if they regguratate them there is nothing you can do?

We often leave our snakes (2 Antaresia, 4 or 5 Morelia). We stop feeding 2 weeks before leaving so that they have passed any faeces and most of the urates before our departure. I put down a thick layer of Breeder's Choice to absorb any moisture if they do pass waste in our absence. I leave on the normal heating, but it could be disconnected - then there is no worry about a malfunction cooking your animals. Finally, I ask someone to check the water bowls once or twice a week. This need not be a herp person. If they check during the day, the snakes will be inactive and probably in their hides.

We left the snakes for 3 weeks over Christmas this year (5 weeks without feeding). No dramas whatsoever. No need for cleaning of bowls - just a top up with a watering can. No messes. Snakes were happy to feed when we got home, but didn't lose condition. I prefer stopping the feeds 2 weeks before departure to be really sure they empty out the bowels before you leave. A bit of extra exercise is helpful in this regard.

We often leave our snakes (2 Antaresia, 4 or 5 Morelia). We stop feeding 2 weeks before leaving so that they have passed any faeces and most of the urates before our departure. I put down a thick layer of Breeder's Choice to absorb any moisture if they do pass waste in our absence. I leave on the normal heating, but it could be disconnected - then there is no worry about a malfunction cooking your animals. Finally, I ask someone to check the water bowls once or twice a week. This need not be a herp person. If they check during the day, the snakes will be inactive and probably in their hides.

We left the snakes for 3 weeks over Christmas this year (5 weeks without feeding). No dramas whatsoever. No need for cleaning of bowls - just a top up with a watering can. No messes. Snakes were happy to feed when we got home, but didn't lose condition. I prefer stopping the feeds 2 weeks before departure to be really sure they empty out the bowels before you leave. A bit of extra exercise is helpful in this regard.
ah okay! thanks! i think i'll do that. i'll just have to tell someone to top up the water bowl once a week. cool! thanks =)

well that'll be the last resort for me. my woma would be 13 months in january 2011 and 24 month spotted. so they should survive without being fed for a month anyway. hmmm i might just leave them. its hard tho. lol

They will survive without being fed for many months, just stop feeding them 2 weeks before you leave, turn the heat down, give them a large water bowl each and Bobs your uncle... 2.5 weeks is a no brainer for a snake.

Yeah i've been looking and i've found two but i haven't called them up yet. I need to call them up and see how it works. its hard not having any friends who are into reptiles. lol

I am in the same situation as you not having any friends that have reptiles nor would they be prepared to look after mine for me.... Something else you could maybe look into is maybe there is someone here on APS who lives in your area who could help you out with looking after your snakes while your away. You then could find someone experienced and have the assurance that your snakes are getting good care while you're gone.... I dunno just something else to maybe consider.... If I was closer I would offer myself, but unfortunately I am too far away...

I am in the same situation as you not having any friends that have reptiles nor would they be prepared to look after mine for me.... Something else you could maybe look into is maybe there is someone here on APS who lives in your area who could help you out with looking after your snakes while your away. You then could find someone experienced and have the assurance that your snakes are getting good care while you're gone.... I dunno just something else to maybe consider.... If I was closer I would offer myself, but unfortunately I am too far away...
lol yeah i wish we were neighbours or something so then when you go away i could do the same and check up on your reps. lol ahhh this is hard.lol

They will survive without being fed for many months, just stop feeding them 2 weeks before you leave, turn the heat down, give them a large water bowl each and Bobs your uncle... 2.5 weeks is a no brainer for a snake.
yeah i think i might just do that. give them a big feed a month before then leave them be to make sure theres nothing in there. just worried tho. its my first time lol.

yeah i think i might just do that. give them a big feed a month before then leave them be to make sure theres nothing in there. just worried tho. its my first time lol.

Have you got someone who can even just go to your house and look at them daily just to make sure they are ok??? even that way you some assurance that a family member is looking in on them every couple of days

I live in brisbane and if you want I can take care of them and their full needs... Tho it is a bit hard to just trust a random... PM me if you want my number...

I have 4 snakes and I am sure I have plenty of room in my studio for two more

Have you got someone who can even just go to your house and look at them daily just to make sure they are ok??? even that way you some assurance that a family member is looking in on them every couple of days
lol my family hates my snakes lol. the only person that would help is my gf and im going with her to korea. it's still a longggg way away so when it's closer to the day then that's when i'll start calling people. haha =P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back