bredli question

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

reptilerob

Reaction score
My wifes bredli, scar has been getting increasingly active over the last few nights. Last night i gave him a large rat, which is what he usually eats, and he wasnt interested at all, instead he kept moving towards me for a look and a sniff.
I dont know anything about breeding snakes.
My question is, with the days getting shorter now, is it coming into the time of year for bredli's to be mating?? Is my wifes bredli starting to get a bit toey??

Bredli's mating

Bredli's generally mate in September [at least mine and l believe most others do as well]..... [wr]

Thanks westernrocky.;) I cant belive that out of 61 people that viewed this topic, only 1 knew the answer.:cry::cry:

Why do you reckon he has become increasingly active then? The average temps have dropped a degree or two in recent weeks, perhaps this has something to do with it??

I have bredlis too! And my little man has been a little more active than usual, but still eating like normal.

Maybe with the change of season etc different smells in the air?? I know my girl and boy have both been sniffing (tasting) round more when they come out. Not as content just hanging around on my arm at the moment.

my 4 yr old male bredli has been in a weird mood too lately, we played a game the other night for well over an hour where i would touch the side of his neck and he'd push against my finger, touch the other side and he'd push the other way, he was hissing his butt off and his little head was bobbing around all over the place! :) very amusing, id stop, he'd turn around to face me still all reared up and wanna keep going....!!!

it all started when he noticed i had another male out, (only a yearling though so i cant imagine he feels his manhood is being threatened, lol,..so im not sure if hes feeling toey or peeved at having another boy in the house,...

havent treid feeding since tho, hes not due till next weekend.

Bredli anxt

Mine have been becoming increasingly aggressive towards food lately and it will probably stay that way until late July-early August until their cool-down period [imo] where my females reach 9+ kgs and ready to lay early December....cheers solar 17 [Baden]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back