Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Stick your hand and the snake in the freezer apparently it works but ive never had to try

from my experience with other sankes, i just leave them. they soon get bored and fall off. my baby has only bitten me once and i just unwound her and put her near the mouse she was mistaking me for.

i read somewhere on this site that Bundy works well. And after you have a very happy snake.

wel the old how do i get this damm thing of me trick lol i found that any alcohol will work in light spray lso try running water wht ever you do dont try to pull or pri it of you as there teeth face the back of there mouths and ding this will make the wound worse it all so may heart the snakes jaw arfter getting them off run your hand under the warmest water you can handle this will do two thing kill any bactira in the wound and also help to contral bleeding check arfter that that there are no teeth left in your skin it also pay to check that you have not done any damige to the snake as some times there jaws may not be sitting in the right possition
ihave heard of people breaking jaws of there snae from this i been bitten by meny pythons over the years and never got infectoins or any thing i have how ever found teeth in my skin lol

They will let go when they have had enough.

I my opinion, pouring water on them, on spraying metho or after sahve etc on them is just going to cause them stress. I can't imagine a little bit of metho or after shave will be good for them either if it gets into their mouths.

Just let them decide when to let go.

You dont have to put it in their mouth ...you just soak a cotton ball with the alcohol and put it near their mouth and nasal area ...the smell of it is enough to make them let go ...and like I said, then you have a swab ready to clean the bite with ;)

Credit card guys.. slide it under the front teeth it releases..simple.

i find running cold water over them to be pretty useless most of the time but if you change the water from cold to warm suddenly then i find this seems to do the trick, i assume that because snakes are so sensitive to their temperature serroundings that the sudden charge is enough to make the snake release.

They will let go when they have had enough.

I my opinion, pouring water on them, on spraying metho or after sahve etc on them is just going to cause them stress. I can't imagine a little bit of metho or after shave will be good for them either if it gets into their mouths.

Just let them decide when to let go.
would you let a hungry 8 foot carpet python deside to let go when it wants too if it has mistaken your hand for a meal and proceeds to eat its captured meal, i've seen this happen to a mate and the snake started eating his hand, got it under warm water the snake let go, i think thats less stressfull then the snake trying to regurgitate an arm arfer it realises its made a mistake.

i've heard alcohol is good. some for the snake and some for you! haha. normal drinking alcohol wont do any damage to the snake if you only use a few drops, it's more the smell and taste that'll put them off.

Hehe I must have had yummy smelly hands last night and I was holding my stimmy and she started sniffing my fingers and then opened her mouth to bite. She did this three times and each time I blew into her face which made her stop straight away.

wel the old how do i get this damm thing of me trick lol i found that any alcohol will work in light spray lso try running water wht ever you do dont try to pull or pri it of you as there teeth face the back of there mouths and ding this will make the wound worse it all so may heart the snakes jaw arfter getting them off run your hand under the warmest water you can handle this will do two thing kill any bactira in the wound and also help to contral bleeding check arfter that that there are no teeth left in your skin it also pay to check that you have not done any damige to the snake as some times there jaws may not be sitting in the right possition
ihave heard of people breaking jaws of there snae from this i been bitten by meny pythons over the years and never got infectoins or any thing i have how ever found teeth in my skin lol

I actually don't agree with this 100%. Hot water on an open wound will encourage it to bleed more. Once you've rinsed it you should put ice on it or at least run it under cold water to slow the blood flow till it starts to clot.

Someone told me that crying like a little girl works, but to date, I've had no luck with this technique. Cold water works, just need to get it in the mouth a bit, works for me every time. As Redbellybite said, a drop or two of metho NEAR the nose works as well. Blowing in the mouth also works very well, just remember to have a grip behind the head or your face may be the next target! With that method, i have the grip, push forward just a tad to break the seal of the mouth and create an opening to allow for air to be blown in.

I have been told a couple of ways. The first is to try sprying water in their face (this works well before pulling them out of their feeding container when they are still in feeding mode as it gives them a bit of a shock) and the other is if they bite uncoil them if they ahve coiled around you then gently release their jaw from you...

Someone told me that crying like a little girl works, but to date, I've had no luck with this technique. .

I don't think the snake is really going to care if u are crying like a girl.... Do U????
Try crying like a little boy that might work..... Every one knows women are tougher than men... Even pythons!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back