glass enclosures in vic

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bretsta

Reaction score
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
just wondering if anyone knows or any one/shop that sells/custom build large glass enclosures in victoria. looking to house diamond so prob minimum size would be 1800x60x60-90 (HxDxL). haven't seen these advertised by vic sellers or displayed in stores, so was hoping someone knows somewhere/someone i dont that makes/sells these. Have only seen them advertised on here from NSW members which obviously dont help me unless i decide to road trip.

next option i suppose would be to build a wooden one myself, but for diamonds specifically i would prefer glass.

cheers in advance for any help.

Brett

vic reptiles might be able to get one made for you. or even try waterlife, a while back they said they can get glass aquariums made to order

St Kilda Aquarium used to make some nice glass enclosures built to buyers specs- not sure if they still do . Good folk to deal with though

glass enclosure in for anything other than fish, amphibians or amphibious animals ie water dragons = no no and a bad idea

1.your snake will freeze yes even a diamond or if in direct sunlight cook basically its to hard to maintain stable temps
2. an tank that big would have alot of weak points your snake could break it
3.would weigh close to 200kg if not more as it would have to be made out of 12-20 mm or thicker glass
4. you would be unable to maintain it it would be too tall to reach the bottom i dont know about you but my arms certainly aren't 4 ft long
5.it would cost a fortune even at mentone you would be paying 300+
6. how would you move it. without a small truck/ute and alot of padding youd be stuck.

stick with mdf covered with malemine cheaper lighter stonger easy to maintain heat easyer to move easy to build snake can't break it and can be made escape proof easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back