the Toad front NSW

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gus11

Reaction score
Hello all,
I was hoping people could inform me what they know about how far south toads occur. Inparticulary where abouts the toad front is between longreach and yamba.
a group from my the lab i work in are headed south (from townsville) studying toads and wanted to know if toads occured in these areas: lightning ridge, walgett, narrabri, goondawindi, mooree, glenn iniss, tenterfield, toowoomba, roma. and what is there southern limit between longreach and yamba.
So if people could please let me know where they have seen toads in any of these areas it would be very appreciated. we have been told toads don't occur in many of these areas by locals though i have to think that they would. any help would be much appreciated as knowing if toads are or are not present will safe a lot of time and driving.

If this doesnt make sense let me know and i'll try to rephrase.
Thanks
Gus

there is only cane toads here, so asking about them.
thanks for your replies so far

This xmas we went camping out between lilydale and heifer station west of grafton at the gorge and we encountered two idividuals while spot lighting at night

They seem to have stopped moved south due to the cold winters, however they are still moving west at a very rapid rate

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back