imbricata

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Noxious

Reaction score
carpet2.jpg

Pic is a little old grown a bit since then. Need a female for this guy. Most of the largeish females I have seen around FS at the moment have been a bit muddy.

My other male from mandurah area very unique looking

carpetbig.jpg

same snake from above

imbricate1.jpg

Nice Looking Mandurah Male mate!
I know what you mean about most of the females for sale are muddy,
it took me a while to find the right female for my male so fingers crossed you get a good looking female for him.

These are my two that will be going together this season.

Male
hills11.jpg

Female
newies008.jpg

I got both from my work.
I got the Male before i got a job there, so paid a high price for him but glad i did!

This is my female.. shes only one though lol :D have posted this pic before, and it was taken ages ago

Attachments

• 089.jpg
    089.jpg
    99 KB · Views: 74
Awesome contrast one the last one Rach, best I've seen.
Just gave my girl a hand to shed tonight which brought the colours out, this is her last December after laying a clutch
SANY0150_2.jpg
and one of the kids
IMG_0091.jpg

Cool snakes guys keep them coming. I have never seen another imbricata like my mandurah one, very earthy colours.

The search for decent females continues.

Cool SWCPs. anyone got any from the northern limits of their natural habbitat? The most attractive ones IMO are from around Gerro.Not as common in captivity as the one south of Perth. What are their clutch sizes like? small compared to other python species?

My female's colours are similar

Attachments

• magic.jpg
    magic.jpg
    195.8 KB · Views: 62
This is the father of the clutch, a three year old male from Gero. She dropped 17 eggs and ended up with 10 hatchlings last month via maternal incubation, very rewarding experience but a little stressful at times.
1.jpg

Nice! I'm heading to Perth in early May to speak at the WAHS meeting on the Friday night, not sure of my schedule yet but I'm keen to photograph some imbricata while I'm there, maybe earlier that day or on the Saturday. Anyone willing to make theirs available please PM!

I should clarify that I will come to you to photograph, I don't want to imply that I meant people to bring them to the WAHS meeting or anything like that.

I'm keen to add this gorgeous species to my image collection so any owners happy to oblige me are welcome to purchase prints if they like the resulting images otherwise no outlay on your part. ; )

Shannon,

I would of been happy for you to come over to photograph my imbricatas but I will be in PNG on a herping trip catching and taking notes of Reptiles and other Animals when you are here in Perth... Maybe next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back