Death in the family

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

sarah_m

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
Just sitting at home by myself after an awful couple of days.
Just thought I would let people know that my step dad died at 4:30 am on Wednesday morning after a long battle with cancer.
Losing him is really hard (he has been more of a dad to me than my biological dad has) but at least he is no longer suffering.
I miss him so much!
xxxxx

I know how you feel sarah it's like a part of you has been taken away and all you wish is to have it back.

I lost my one and only grandfather (was a while ago) but I am an only child and it tore me up inside. My condolences to you and your family..

aww Im so sorry to hear that sarah
Its so awful losing a loved one

Here's a hug :)
give-me-a-hug1.jpg

I'm so sorry for your loss Sarah :(

I can relate also. I was notified on Valentines day that my father had died the friday before. :(

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. Whatever happens, don't bottle up your grief - let the tears roll down your face for hours on end if need be. As much support as everyone can offer, it still doesn't fill in those lonely times when it's just you and your memories.
Also, try and remember him as a vibrant, healthy, younger man, and not the shell that the filthy cancer left behind. It's hard, and it will get harder over the coming months, sorry to say.
When my old man died a couple years back, also from cancer, I hid my grief from everyone; even now it still bursts out when I least expect it (like right now) and I start bawling for my dad. Pretty embarrassing for a 37yo bloke woking in the mines.
I offer you all the condolences in the world Sarah. Stay strong sweetheart.
Nic

im very sorry to hear of your loss, i lost my dad to cancer on the 17th feb 2 years ago, i know there is not much people can say but just hope you and your family are sticking tight, they are the only people in the world that can understand what your going through and you certainly need to help each other

Hi Sarah, I'm so sorry to hear about your step dad. It's not easy losing a parent, I lost my dad when I was really young and still miss him heaps, but I have some excellent memories to keep close.
(((hugs)))
Connie

So sorry to hear about your 'dad' Sarah, so awful to watch someone you love have to go through something like that! As you say, at least he is no longer suffering but still so sad he is no longer with you!! Hope you have lots of support in your family and friends. Take care of yourself and eachother. x

So sorry to hear Sarah. I can relate to how you must be feeling. I lost my Dad two years ago this May very suddenly and honestly, I think a part of me went with him. Just know he is always with you and always in your heart. Make sure you take care of yourself. My sincerest condelences to your family also.

Thanks everyone for the kind words and support, its nice to know so many people care.
Had memorial service yesterday, was lovely tribute but very very sad.
I did'nt realise that I would hurt so much, I guess the only cure for that is time.
Am leaving for Darwin tonight so hopefully the trip will distract me.
Thanks again everyone

xxxxx

sorry for your loss sarah. just think of all the good times and the relationship that you built with your 'dad'

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back