urgent help. dieing beardie!!!!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bretsta

Reaction score
Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia
Does anyone know of an emergency vet in melb that would be open now. My biggest and what was healthiest beardie has not moved much the last few days. every now and then some of em do that so didn't think to much of it, thought maybe bout to shed or something.

Have just arrived home to find him on his back!!!!! i instantly thought he was dead but seen his arm move. i nudged him, and he kind of moved but hasn't even opened his eyes. we've pulled him out of his enclosure and everything trying to comfort him and check for life, but other than some breathing hasn't move.

last few days he has slept heaps, hardly or not eaten, and beard has been constantly black.

ummmm..... has just opened his eyes and is slowly shaking his head back and forth and is taking slow deep breathes but not often.

i know of a herp vet at the lort smith, but don't think there open. does anyone know of anything, or have any suggestions??????

please asap help needed!!!!!

Try call some vets asap. Sometimes their land line goes to their mobile after hours. Good luck

Try this, did some digging on the net.

Dr Brendan Carmel, All Pets, Warranwood Veterinary Centre,
Phone
0417 358 991 ,

Goodluck, hope you can save your beardie!

Brett man Im so sorry for you hey this sounds exactly like what happened to my little netted its so not nice to watch and sadly there is nothing you can do about it. The spasms are his lungs giving way all you can do is give him heat and make him comfortable, nature will take its course and sadly it doesnt sound too good for him. I know what your going through mate and my heart goes out to you.

seriously i think i know more than the people i'm calling. i think this is gonna have to wait till morning if Tony can make it that far. fingers crossed.

is it cruel to leave him like this till then?????

Mate IMO definately not if he's alive theres hope just keep him warm. Dont leave any water in his enclosure either

Just make sure the temps dont go higher if you can avoid it though hey. I have my fingers crossed for you and him. xxxxxx

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back