Ctenophorus Cristatus (Crested Dragon)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dragon_Lover_85

Reaction score
Does anyone here keep or has kept in the past this magestic species?

I have recently purchased some hatchlings and would like to gather as much info as possible before they arrive so as I can be assured I am doing the right thing by them from the start. :D

Their breeder has been helping me out alot with some info :D(thanks champ). However I would still like to gather as much info possible from different keepers so I can put it together and make a nice habitat and life for them.

I have googled them etc however seem to keep coming up short:shock:, is there not a great deal of research done on these guys?:?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.

Wow, just looked at some images on google - awesome looking dragon! Can't help with any info (sorry), but I'd LOVE to see some pics when you get them.
Nic

I used to keep them and had them set up and cared for exactly like Central Netted Dragons but a slightly hotter basking spot at around 45-50˚C

They flourished :D

I just got news................. they are due to arrive tonight............Yay I am so excited!!!!!!

i keep them. i have for a couple of years. they need alot of room. as hatchies i housed them together but as they get older mine wouldnt live together, obviously put together for breeding. i keep them in 4x2s or 4x18"s. my biggest girl is currently gravid. they seem to prefer woodies to other bugs. EXTREMELY agile, recomend top opening enclosure. have been told they will burrow, however mine prefer to excavate partly buried rocks and sleep in 'caves'. keep the calcium up to them. they are a very impressive lizard.

Their here!!!!! OMG they are even more amazing than I imagined. They are the most beautiful little lizards ever!! Will post picks soon after they settle in a little (Dont want to upset them) Cross fingers they all do well and recover from their big trip quickly.

Thanks Vadnappa I hope they do like woodies as have heaps of them. I seen them running around just before they are so quick.

Oh man! Has D seen them yet? We should totally make a play date at her place with one (once older and bigger and used to you) so that I can see them in the flesh and play with it!! Did you hear that my eastern eggs hatched? All 10 are still going good!
Oh, and how are your 2 baby netteds going?
And...I met someone today who asked me if I knew you! Funny huh? I was out shopping with Jasper and having a squizz at a tupper ware stall and the assistant got to talking with me (as you do) about lizards and she asked me! "Yep!" I said. "I know her!"

Oh man! Has D seen them yet? We should totally make a play date at her place with one (once older and bigger and used to you) so that I can see them in the flesh and play with it!! Did you hear that my eastern eggs hatched? All 10 are still going good!
Oh, and how are your 2 baby netteds going?
And...I met someone today who asked me if I knew you! Funny huh? I was out shopping with Jasper and having a squizz at a tupper ware stall and the assistant got to talking with me (as you do) about lizards and she asked me! "Yep!" I said. "I know her!"

LOL was that Sam? Definately will not be doing any play dates with these guys sorry as these guys are far too fragile and fast to be leaving the house with.
Yes she has. n yeh shame you not allowed to keep them though that gotta suck.
Netteds good had to separate them though as Kurmit was dominating Tad too much.

I want to give them a day or 2 to settle will post pics as soon as I can after that.

Any chance i can get the breeders contact info. been looking for some of these guys for a while?

cheers

Ok for all those waiting for pics here are some I took this morning,

Please note these were taken under infa red light as I dont want to move them out of their enclosure as yet so sorry for the poor quality.

I only took pics of 3 as the other guy was sleeping and I didnt want to disturb him ;).

Here they are;

feb2010 013.jpg feb2010 021..jpg feb2010 017.jpg

Arent they just adorable!!! :D:D:D:D

Yes they certainly ARE adorable! Lucky you; I can't wait to see more pics as they grow up. Looks like my lizard wish-list is growing again!
NIc

I've talked to Anthony Johnson and he put me onto Rick Walker but i'm yet to contact him.

anthony jackson would not have been my first choice , Rick walker is the well known one and he currently does have juveniles

Awww how sweet! Very nice! Pitty these guys won't be getting out and about with you. Do you know if they can be trained like beardies or netteds? How fast are they already!?
Yeah, I think it was Sam... not sure, didn't take much notice of her name tag.
How's Copper doing? Still transparent?
I would love to get an adult red eastern beardie to breed with Pepsi, I think that would great coloured babies! As I'm not sure what these guys father looks like exactly, I don't know how they'll turn out. I'm surprised that none have died yet though, must be their mothers fighting spirit!

Hey nah havent taken any recently as Ive been having a few dramas with them sadly, 2 have had RTI's. 1 seems to be over the lung side of things but it has impacted his condition the poor little bugger however he is alive so heres hoping and the other with the RTI seems to still have a little cough however that is all it most definately has not impacted his condition at all so cross fingers for him too.
The other 2 are really good 1 seems to be obsessed with worms and the other is so little I dont know what to think of him, hes really cute and still has his fair share of the food though.
They all love a daily swim, however definately dont eat anywhere near as much as you'd expect from such an active dragon.
As for crest I dont think so as yet but I will try get some pics up tomorrow and you can judge that :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back