New Water Dragon Enclosure (Big photos)

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justdriftnby

Reaction score
Well its been a long time coming and now we are settled into our new place it was time to move my pair of Gippsland Water Dragons outside and into their new house, I bought these some time ago off itbites from this site and unfortunatly lost 1 male due to fighting, they now share their home with 3 long neck turtles. Eventually I will get them outside in a pit but for now they seem to be enjoying the space.
DSCF1918.jpg

DSCF1912.jpg

DSCF1924.jpg

DSCF1914.jpg

After all the photos I took today there is not one of the girl close up.

cool
how big are they at the moment

The male is about 40cm and the female is about 30cm, they are about 2 years old

i own an eastern water dragon and it is very similar to yours

I got them when they were about 2 months old and I copied all the details out of the sellers book, I have them as Gippsland water dragons, either way I think with the way they are sold as water dragons in shops ect these days without the eastern/Gippsland lable its hard to judge, Either way I am happy.

Your guy is definetly an EASTERN water dragon! No doubts about it! Perhaps the girl isn't but your boy is. Perhaps you should start calling him an eastern from now on, as not to offend him. Easterns are very sensitive.
I love both breeds though! Not much differene between them except colour and range.
Nice digs! I bet they're enjoying being outside!

Last edited:
Awesome, They look like they have some great personallities. did you know that you had 2 males? at what point did they get aggressive towards each other? was it seasonal or food orientated? How do you go supplying UV? does the patio corrugated roof allow the UV spectrum through? I would imagine the fluro fitting is fairly useless at that distance which is why you dont bother?
ren

Awesome, They look like they have some great personallities. did you know that you had 2 males? at what point did they get aggressive towards each other? was it seasonal or food orientated? How do you go supplying UV? does the patio corrugated roof allow the UV spectrum through? I would imagine the fluro fitting is fairly useless at that distance which is why you dont bother?
ren

Hey Ren. I have got a Mercury Vapour now fitted under the shelf, I wasnt sure if there was 2 males to begin with, I got home to find the side torn out of one and nothing the vet could do for it she said it was a male although it was not coloured up like the other boy is now, they always fed well together all 3 of them.

Your guy is definetly an EASTERN water dragon! No doubts about it! Perhaps the girl isn't but your boy is. Perhaps you should start calling him an eastern from now on, as not to offend him. Easterns are very sensitive.
I love both breeds though! Not much differene between them except colour and range.
Nice digs! I bet they're enjoying being outside!

Nope I totally agree, I have lookied through my books and its definately an eastern, the other one I am not sure of, Maybe if I post a pic I can get some thoughts
Cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back