Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

moloch05

Reaction score
Jeroen, a grad student from the Netherlands, visited me over the weekend. I took him up to Royal NP yesterday. It was a hot day so we did not see a great deal in the open but we did enconter a few interesting animals. The coast walk at Royal is one of my favourites due to its exceptional scenery.
tiff.jpg

We were lucky to see a Heath Monitor. I rarely find these on this walk. Here is Jeroen photographing the lizard.
Jeroen1.jpg

varanusheat1.jpg

Heath Monitor:
varanusheat2.jpg

royal1.jpg

juvenile Jacky Lizard that refused to move.
jacky1.jpg

We also went out to see a few Phyllurus platurus.
leaf1.jpg

leaf2.jpg

This one was right on the trail. It must have been moving between rock outcrops.
leaf3.jpg

I had a real surprise when I nearly stepped on this "stick" that was hunting along the base of the cliffs. I don't see these often at all. This one was long but it looked to be quite thin. I could only manage this single quick shot before it disappeared into cover.
tigersnake.jpg

Regards,
David

Great shots David, the Coast Walk is a great way to see a variety of wildlife. I like the V. rosenbergi, never been able to get a photo of one.

Aaron

for not seeing much, you saw some good animals....i really need to get down there and see those leaftails

Looks like a nice tiger........Shame it did not stick around for a better pict.

Great pics David, especially of the Heathy. I've occasionally seen them in Kuringai, but not very often at all.

Nice photo's, i saw my first Heath Monitor at the Royal, the Jacky Dragon i found there did the same thing it didn't budge one bit, i could of touched it if i wonted to. Did you camp at North Era?
Thanks Tim.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back