spotted python.

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

supergirlmas

Not so new Member
Reaction score
hello fellow herpers, i'm a current resident in the state of WA and i've just found out that i will not be able to import a Spotted Python, the snake ive been wanting for years, is this true? :?

As far as i know all you need to do is apply for a transfer permit. I'm in qld but, not sure about WA

As far as i know all you need to do is apply for a transfer permit. I'm in qld but, not sure about WA

There are no imports into WA of pythons from other states, It is illegal!!!
People in WA are only allowed to keep animals that are native to that state and on thier approved keep list.

Last edited:
There are no imports into WA of pythons from other states, It is illegal!!!
People in WA are only allowed to keep animals that are native to that state and on thier approved keep list.
What about QLD, iv inqired about importing a snake from WA. Was told needed a transfer permit. Is it possable, to import to QLD ?

What about QLD, iv inqired about importing a snake from WA. Was told needed a transfer permit. Is it possable, to import to QLD ?

man if you can export from WA and not import into WA i will rage and move haha.

Wa allowes exporting, But do you home work on it as its a costly exersise if you are after 1 or 2 animals.

To export and animal from WA it costs you $180 on top of what you pay for the snake but not sure if its a once off for all the snakes you purchase in a bulk lot or per snake.

To export and animal from WA it costs you $180 on top of what you pay for the snake but not sure if its a once off for all the snakes you purchase in a bulk lot or per snake.

$180 covers the first 5 animals then its $10 per animal on top plus freight charges
as well

Wa allowes exporting, But do you home work on it as its a costly exersise if you are after 1 or 2 animals.

at first i was like ::( but now im like: :evil:

hope this state will see about changing this "import law"

at first i was like ::( but now im like: :evil:

hope this state will see about changing this "import law"

Doubt it and I dont blame em you guys have some of the nicest pure snakes and also native plants that aren't found anywhere else in the world. If the law doesnt suit you and you are able to, move to another state.
And I dont mean that in a nasty way either.:D

Look into getting a Stimson - many WA ones are nicer looking than most spotted's that are getting around anyway.

Look into getting a Stimson - many WA ones are nicer looking than most spotted's that are getting around anyway.

yeah doing that at the moment, decent size, beautiful patterns, i think this is the one haha :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back