Please Help with My Tree Snake

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Justdriftnby

Reaction score
Ok I Aquired a trio of tree snakes that arrived today, now the male has got lumps that resemble ticks that we get on out Blue tongues around here. They were shipped down from cairns today but I just wanted other people thoughts as to A: what are they B: how do I bet rid of them.
Any help would be appreciated they are great snakes.
DSCF2033.jpg

Sorry this is the best shot I could get with my Digi Camera
DSCF2032.jpg

Cheers Colin

TICS....AAAAARRRGH...

my bredli had tics a week ago so I had to make a water solution to kill them all... if it's only one or two, get the tweezers....

TICS....AAAAARRRGH...

my bredli had tics a week ago so I had to make a water solution to kill them all... if it's only one or two, get the tweezers....

Did yous come out alright?? These guys are lightening quick so its not going to be easy, I can feel 7 all up as it runs through my hands

well my water solution works and it has no ill effects... tried it with my bredli!

Get a bowl that he fits in, poor enough water for him to submerge inside, poor a very small amount of Listerine and 4 drops of Betadine, place him inside and leave him for a while (keep a close eye on him, don;t let him drink it) this will knock out the tics (any destroy any mites).... If there are any left, you will have to hold him down and get the tweezers.

sounds like they have tics and skin worm, two separate and differently treated parasites. id remove all the visible tics then treat with top of decent continuously for a couple weeks and get them to a vet for appropriate medication for the skin worm.

sounds like they have tics and skin worm, two separate and differently treated parasites. id remove all the visible tics then treat with top of decent continuously for a couple weeks and get them to a vet for appropriate medication for the skin worm.

I agree, if it has skin worms then a vet is the best options, tics are easy to treat cause as long as you keep their numbers very low, the snake will get rid of them in one go once it sheds!

Ticks and skin worms could be an indication it was taken from the wild.

Skin worms are larvae of some types of tape worms. They are found in cysts beneath the skin. Its very common in frog eating species.

I think by your description though, you only have ticks

You just purchased the snakes and they arrived in that condition. You should just send them back

Do the other bumps/lumps look the same as the ticks in the pic you supplied? if not then i'll support what a few others have said, it does sound like skin worm too boot.
Unless that snake was kept outside in an avairly, then it reeks of being wild cought...
Even if it was kept outside, I'd be filthy about recieving an animal in that condition. That is unless it was arranged. what did you pay for it if you care to disclose? I guess you have import slips to get it from cains and paid for that also.
I recall a while ago a guy in the top end somewhere on selling a couple of tree snake that were not in fabulous condition, but they were rescues and as far as i could see from here the whole process was deemed legit. He was up front with the condition of the snakes, how they had been treated so far and how he got them.

Last edited:
Be interesting to know the story behind these animals, they have quite obviously been pulled from the bush illegally and haven't received any of the necessary treatment that wild caught snakes require.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back