Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Waterrat, when did i ever suggest snakes should be sold for nothing because it is a hobby? You are projecting fella. I said at the end of the day stuff sells for what it is worth. A snake being green doesn't make it more valuable than any other snake once it is common as dung, and GTP'S will be common in collections very soon. But anyway whatever i'll leave you investors to roll in your mud.

URS as Green Tree Python's for $1400each and Rough Scaled Python's for $500each and Woma Python's for $300each and Black-Headed Python's for $500each,its good to see the prices of these Australian Python's are getting much more cheaper, so the average person can now afford them, and l hope they keep on falling in price as more a breed for the pet trade.

l remember way back in 2002 when Peter Krause from North Queensland said to me l better start saving my money, and when l asked him why he said to me there will be Woma Python's available soon, and l then ask him how much will they be and he said $3000each or $4000 a pair, then l said to him no way am l going to pay that much for any Australian Reptile.

l knew as time goes by they will drop in price as more and more became available in time, so l have been very patient and hope to get some Tanami or Uluru Woma Python's soon, but l don't ever see myself wanting to purchase any Green Tree or Rough Scaled Python's, they just don't interest me at all no matter what their worth at the time, l would much prefer to keep Woma-Olive-Black-Headed-Diamond-Centralian Carpet Python's.:).

Agreed, There seem to be a habbit of late for people that cant have any of the top end animals wanting to talk the price down.

Im not trying to talk any prices down. I didnt know a post on a forum controlled prices, let me try it out, V.glebopalma will be free and in large supply in 2 weeks time (just sit back and see if it happens) lol :? Simple fact is the prices have dropped at a rate i had expected. Maybe im wrong and when there are heaps more around and no dramatic increase in demand they will go back to extremely high prices :lol:

If you think im just saying this because i cant get 'top end' animals, feel free to express your delusions, i find it amusing. I more interested in keeping what i want, not what is trendy or 'top end' as you put it.

Last edited:
Agreed, There seem to be a habbit of late for people that cant have any of the top end animals wanting to talk the price down.

Maybe, just as there is a habit for those with top end animals to deny the price drop is anything more than a temporary condition, or that it's happening to them at all. Both standpoints are completely understandable but I know which one I think is more correct.

p.s. I have plenty of Topend reptiles going cheap if anyone is interested.

I'm not about the money, but if i was going to breed gtp or any other type of snake i would just like to get my money back for that years breeding. E.g electrical bills for heat lamps and rat and mice expenses. so 0 profit but also 0 loss.

I'm not about the money, but if i was going to breed gtp or any other type of snake i would just like to get my money back for that years breeding. E.g electrical bills for heat lamps and rat and mice expenses. so 0 profit but also 0 loss.

You can make a great profit - Da Donkey is going to give his next clutch away for nothing, so just put your name down. Can I have some too Da-Donk? :lol:

My problem ????

I have a problem with this thread, where in Australian law is it illegal to make a few bucks out of a hobby, l personally don't believe it makes you any less passionate about a hobby in this case reptiles but it appears to me that in most hobbies the "critics" are people that don't want to go out of there way or do a bit of o.t at work to have something a bit more exotic / expensive....so the culture begins ....lets critisize those people along monetary lines as being insensitive greedy and money driven.....then there are those that just plan "extend" the truth l mean $10,000-15,000 for a hatchie GTP "TELL EM THERE DREAMIN".....Plus l think we have to learn to appreciate diversaties within in our hobby, l mean if everybody kept the one species of reptile it would be a boring hobby....now l know "bluey66" and he,s passionate but if "everybody sat back and waited for a few years imagine the kaos it would cause....we are all needed in this hobby lets move on.....cheers solar 17 [Baden]

Solar, i dont think the issue is people trying to make money, hell we all love money. It's more about people who harp on about the virtues of capitalism when they are raking it in and then sulking when the flip side of capitalism kicks in, supply VS demand. Nagraj's comment sums it up nicely i think.

At the end of the day, this thread attracted 16 respondents and at least half of them are wingers or people who have no idea what they're talking about. That's probably 0.0001 percent of the reptile hobby community, so who gives a damn?

I'd still like to see Micheal's question answered ? how many of the 16 respondents actually own GTP's ?

I love the way some know all (armchair warriors) get on here and hang crap on people that wipe more knowledge off their bums after they have been the toilet !

Amazing comments. Put your hand up which one of you keeps / breeds or deals in GTP or has degree in economics. This is so typical forum debate spun by armchair experts.
Good laugh for Sunday morning.

Geez, someone woke up on the wrong side of the bed hey.

If he wanted advice from economics experts he would have asked on an economics forum.

He asked here, so we answered.

I don't know where Naledge got the 15K figure, I certainly don't remember hatchlings ever fetching that price ... but, you're the expert!

You know, the funny thing is, those who paid big $$$ for GTPs years ago are not complaining, they are happy people. It's the ones who never got even close to purchasing one that are winging and making clever assessments and predictions.

I said 10-15. There were definitely GTPs around the $10k mark, I'm guessing there were probably a few over that too. So my range isn't wrong, it's a range. Just because it was more accurate at the lower end of the range doesn't make it incorrect... or are you a maths expert now?

And you keep talking about 'whingers' but Waterrat, you're the only one whinging here, you're complaining about everyone that posted in this thread and you're not lightening up, quit complaining. Nobody was whinging about the price of GTPs, the majority of people were saying that it's good that the price has gone down.

I said the reason prices have gone down is due to supply and demand, so, are you saying I'm wrong? Why do you think the prices have gone down then, do you believe it's because the quality of the snakes have gone down too?

Enlighten us with your knowledge Waterrat.

Nobody was whinging, you're the one that brought negativity into the thread.

Just a note mate, never buy animals and expect to make a profit.

Totally agree.

At the end of the day, this thread attracted 16 respondents and at least half of them are wingers or people who have no idea what they're talking about. That's probably 0.0001 percent of the reptile hobby community, so who gives a damn?

Hi Waterat, l don't know if you know who l am, let me tell you one thing mate l have been keeping Reptile's since 1975 and that is 35yrs, so l do know what l'm talking about for when it comes down to keeping-breeding-sexing-diet-health-husbandry.

And l'm not here to waste my time or winge with anyone about price of Reptile's, People will pay what they think they are worth depending on supplie and demand and whats available at the time,l don't think anyone can make a fortune or get rich in keeping and breeding Australian Reptile's, l'm only into keeping and breeding Reptile's cause l love having them in my home as a family pet and they have always been my passion, not to rip others of by over charging or getting to greedy for money.which alot of newcomers to the herp scene expect to get, cause they are only into keeping and breeding Reptile's for money not for the love or passion as some serious keepers like myself are.:)

Last edited:
Knowledge !!!

"naledge"...l wouldn't know .."waterat".... if l fell over him, but rather than him bore us with his knowledge.....as you requested, why don't you read one of the several books he has written on this [gtp's] subject and give us a report on what he does or doesn't know......cheers solar 17[Baden]

"naledge"...l wouldn't know .."waterat".... if l fell over him, but rather than him bore us with his knowledge.....as you requested, why don't you read one of the several books he has written on this [gtp's] subject and give us a report on what he does or doesn't know......cheers solar 17[Baden]

It's easier and cheaper to ask him haha.

Waterrat, you obviously do know more than me about Green Tree Pythons, being a breeder. Why don't you share some of your knowledge instead of just assuming nobody else knows a thing and are all whinging morons.

I'd really like to know what you think has made the price drop.

Think of it this way, GTPs used to be like $10-15,000 a few years ago xD

You dont refer to hatchlings in this post so you are correct.

Having a good knowledge of the species isnt required to see the price is falling or to understand the simple concept of supply and demand. A few years ago it was those selling the expensive pythons that would be praising supply and demand for their ability to sell snakes at high prices.

The only whingers in this thread are those having trouble moving expensive pythons that have dropped rapidly in price. There is nothing wrong with breeding reptiles to make money, but if you couldnt see the price was going to drop that is your own mistake. Only a tissue can solve your issue :lol:

if you were actually interested in aquiring a GTP maybe a bit of research into what your about to get other than the price would answer alot of you questions

It's easier and cheaper to ask him haha.

Waterrat, you obviously do know more than me about Green Tree Pythons, being a breeder. Why don't you share some of your knowledge

I will, as soon as I log out, that's what I do most of time, if not on GTPs then on other species or subjects. But you, my friend would also have to get off the keyboard and read. Warning - it may hurt!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back