Yellow Faced Whip Snake & Jacky Dragons

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Acrochordus

Reaction score
Whent for a quick 1 hour walk to find a Yellow Faced Whip Snake Demansia psammophis, This has been a snake specie that i could never find, but abitt of help from people to tell me were to find them has payed of. I found this specimen under abitt of tin, it started to bolt of straight away so i picked it up, by doing this it bite me once but nothin happened i just have abitt of bruising around the bite site. The pictures arn't the best but im not to fussed as i will be able to find more in the coming months.

IMG_14411.jpg

IMG_14399.jpg

IMG_14444.jpg

Also saw 3 Jacky Dragons Amphibolurus muricatus, i hardly photograph this specie as they are super common but to today i made an exception, but the pictures aren't the best.

IMG_14466.jpg

IMG_14488.jpg

IMG_14588.jpg

IMG_14599.jpg

IMG_14600.jpg

Thanks Tim.

Last edited:
Great shots Tim ,BECAREFUL ...a non reaction this time doesnt mean a next time so lucky ....;)

i used to live on the CC and i had a secret spot for YFW it was an old car bonnet and there would be 10-20 under there everytime i would check.

donks

Great shots mate. Lovely looking whip snake.

Haha your to nice,:) there really bad quality photo's bad im not fussed as i still have allot to learn with photography.

Great shots Tim ,BECAREFUL ...a non reaction this time doesnt mean a next time so lucky ....;)

Yea, i never pick up anything that i photograph but i didn't want it to get away, but i dont have to worry about that next time as there is no need to touch them.

Better to be schooled by whips than browns......

Very true!!!

i used to live on the CC and i had a secret spot for YFW it was an old car bonnet and there would be 10-20 under there everytime i would check.

donks

Tell me it....;). Nah jokes ive got my places now for them and will probably find a far few in the next couple months as they will aggregate together.

Also a picture of a Land Mullet Egernia major. Man they are very shy.

IMG_13144.jpg

Thanks Tim.

yeah better learn from whip than brown,usually you would get some reaction from whip snake with me i get a little sting that doesnt last long,but some other people get some nasty swelling.

yeah better learn from whip than brown,usually you would get some reaction from whip snake with me i get a little sting that doesnt last long,but some other people get some nasty swelling.
Yes i only got a sting, exactly like a bee but it didn't last long maybe 10 minutes at the most.
Thanks Tim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back