Head Bobbing

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mike83

Reaction score
Hi just thought id ask if this has ever happened to any one before I just had my male central bearded dragon out was holding him then all of a sudden while holding him he started bobbing his head up and down and was very fidgety.

I put him back in his enclosure and he started running around then his tail and beard went black and he was bobbing his head up and down isn't that a sign of matting when they ce a female I have a female pygmy in a diff enclosure but after he stopped bobbing his head up and down I held her infrount of his enclosure with the glass closed of course and he doesn't even pay attention to her. Not that I thought he would cause shes a pygmy and hes a central.

Any ideas why he would suddenly start bobbing his head up and down while I'm holding him and go nuts doing it in his enclosure ? Was like 1 min he was looking at the computer screen then all of a sudden he went nuts :?.

mine do it if they can see each other or are put in a new enclosure that may have a residual smell of another beardie. and my male is a lunatic and chases his shadow through the glass and makes his beard all black . but i get him out and he is great...

So its normal for a beardie to do it while you are holding it. Thanks for the reply

Yeah my young man does it every now and then, usually when he's out of his enclosure and he sees the girls. Even if I'm holding him he gets excited and bobs so much he nearly falls off me!!

they will also head bob for dominance

My pygmies bob at me when they want food lol
And my male central gets all cranky and bobby if I have the female out and not him lol.

Hi just thought id ask if this has ever happened to any one before I just had my male central bearded dragon out was holding him then all of a sudden while holding him he started bobbing his head up and down and was very fidgety.

they will also head bob for dominance
Yup have seen two females together and the beardie whose enclosure it was (female) would bob her head at the other female.She also would get on her back and bang her head down to show who was boss.Beard going black and flaring is also a sign of aggression.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back