Grilled snake anyone?

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

TigerCoastal

Reaction score
This isnt my story but it happened to a friend of mine (not an APS member) earlier today. Her 4 foot olive python decided about a week ago that it wanted to go for an explore and excaped from its enclosure. She searched high and low, inside, under the floor and in the roof and couldnt find it anywhere. She tried flour, leaving mice out, setting up a hot spot, you name it she tried it. Well after 4 days she had conceded defeat and thought that she was gone. She decided that she wanted grilled cheese on toast for lunch today and she lit the grill in her oven, turned around to get the bread and felt something hit her in the back and move around her feet. The snake had got ontop of the plate above the heating element and was enjoying the heat untill it got to hot. The snake is ok, hasnt got any visable burns or cuts but is a little snappy at the moment.

Wow, at least she got the snake back ok. I was reading the story expecting a different outcome.

seems to be alot of snakes "wanting to get out and explore' of late ...maybe the snakes owners need to either triple check for no possible way to get out ...or invest in a better enclosure ...

agreed redbelly. it is a horrible thing to happen but can be avoided easily. i have kept snakes for 2 years and never lost one (touch wood) and would definitely think that there are people out there who have kept longer than me with the same results.
especially when it comes to a big snakes, little snakes would be more expected but a 4 foot olive would need a pretty big gap to escape from....

PLEASE PEOPLE BE VERY CAREFUL!!!!

I almost didn't want to read the story, I thought maybe someone had done something really cruel to a snake and grilled it alive or something...........so glad this was just a mistake and had a happy ending. :)

A much happier story than I expected from the title and sad face! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back