Dead Olive python

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AaronR

Reaction score
Well almost a year ago my yearling Olive python (ollie) severed his toungue hence lost use of his jacobson organ, well long story short he eatten multiple times for me but last night I found him dead in his enclosure. He was a fantastic little snake so friendly, intreged couldnt have asked for a better snake.

That's terrible dude. I think I remember seeing another thread about this. Will you get another Olive? How did he sever his tongue in the first place?

I have been thinking about getting an olive for a while, the size just puts me off, because i don't have the required room/house atm :( hehehe sorry for your loss mate

very sad for you, how did it sever it's tongue?? I've generally found olives to be tough as nails, actually the toughest python I have ever kept. I think in 15 years of keeping over a dozen animals I can only recall one getting a resp infection. I had 1 die that was a wild caught individual but all my captive ones are perfect, I still have 3 that Bob Withey bred 15yrs ago that are still going strong

The original cause of his injury is still unknown the morning it happened it was a horrible sight. The vet could not explain it nor could I.
I would love to get another Olive python just gotta pass the financial expense past the girl friend.
I to have found Olives to be very hardy pythons I personally think pythons in general a hardy animals.

Sorry to hear mate, I'd be devistated if I lost one of my Olives..

thanks for the support all. Must admit I thought this day would come but tried everything in my power not to have it arrive

sorry to hear that mate ... least you gave him a good life before he went ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back