Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i no this is gonna open another can of worms but gonna throw it out there anyway. Alot of people have no prob with inbreeding but are against crossing 2 species together personally against both
my self i dont agree with inbreeding think its kinda cruel on the animals also you get problems after problems its just not worth it

im hoping someone will try and get one off him..then do what needs to be done.;)

i no this is gonna open another can of worms but gonna throw it out there anyway. alot of people have no prob with inbreeding but are against crossing 2 species together personally against both
i wouldnt of thought people would be more against inbreeding than crossing???

I believe the thought is this simple.... inbreeding will occur naturally in the wild however many of the cross bred reptiles floating around especially in other countries has occured out of pure want.. thus it is not natural and so it is wrong.

The fact is why would you intentionally cross breed 2 clearly different species just because, "the female diamond is not up to it this season" thats plain lazy and ignorent.

a guy that i know rang the licensing people and asked
what the deal is with the natural code and the hybrid code.
they said that coastal x diamonds can be put on as natural
intergrade because they occur naturally?
even tho the adults where two separate sub species?
(coastal and a diamond)

They need to iron out some kinks in their system i think.

i dont think bad of hybrids..just the people who breed them deliberately..;)

id have to agree...ive seen some gorgeous hybrids out there (and some not so good looking), but you just know that somewhere down the line they are not going to get sold as what they are and are going to mess with a pure line.
I dont understand the need to deliberately cross breed...especially when you have pair

1.stupidity
2.ignorance
3.attitude..."see 1 and 2"
4.uneducated
5.curiosity.. well that killed the cat so gl there.
6.boredom.. see rule "4"
7.pure malice
8 is enough..".. old tv show pun"

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Sometimes I don't read a thread, because the title doesn't grab me......just goes to show you shouldn't judge a thread by it's title :lol:

I was not having a go, that's why I said no offence was intended. I was imply stating that someone who isn't part of our hobby over here isn't so much in a position to say what's right for us. I'm sorry if I offended you but you're overeacting.

I agree with Sara, she wasn't having a go, but like me, the fact that I live where these snakes originate I feel they should be kept pure. JJ may have a different view if Egland had their own indegenous pythons.

dw JJ some people just get really serious when it comes to things like this

I KNOW JUST REALISED.....:eek::eek: I DONT JUDGE A BOOK BY ITS COVER ..:(:( IF THE HYBRID WAS UGLY I WOULD STILL LUV IT THE SAME... BUT THATS ME:):)

The thing with Diamonds and Coastals... they NEVER come into contact with each other in the wild, despite the bleatings heard here. The natural ranges of each are hundreds of kilometres apart, and in between are the Intergrades, which occupy a zone of maybe 400km of the east coast. They are not products of Diamond x Coastal matings because Diamonds and Coastals don't come into contact naturally.

Intergrades are a distinct geographical form of the Carpet Python, just as Diamonds & Coastals are.

NSW DECCW has done the hobby a great disservice by supplying codes for hybrids. It should be surprising that a government body with a vested interest in conservation could be seen as encouraging hybridisation by facilitating the process for those who do it.

The chances of the snake being gravid at this time of the year is just about zilch.

yer hes "saving" it remember;).

he should save his diamonds and give them to me (IF THEY ARE PURE) i have a natural intergrade and i bought it as a natural intergrade but that was my first snake and im kinda glad i got him because he has taught me a heck of a lot about handlind feeding and their need and requirements now i have a hatchie pair of bredle pythons so my experience (to a degree settle down guys i know they are different requirements just stating the handling and feeding requirements)can be handed down to raising these little monsters

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back