My Finished Click Clack

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Asharee133

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
All done with my click clack :D waiting for my heat mat to arive and getting a thermostat soon ^_^
100_1444.jpg
100_1443.jpg
100_1445.jpg
and my mices just for kelly!
100_1453-1.jpg
100_1451.jpg
100_1450.jpg
and some photos of the kitten we are holding for someone :)
100_1447.jpg

Looks ok Ash, How large are the holes you have made? (mm wide)

Great job look's nice love the kitty cat what's it's name??

um....itty bitty? lol im not sure, that dowel was about 12mm, the holes are small, the probe just fits, the dowel is snuggly, so i think its okay :) and the ambient temp in there is 25.1c

come on people " look at my cage" what do you think? look ? is it good?

It a bloody plastic box from frranklins with a lousy bit of paper towel and a 3 cent dowel burned through it.

If it was a dove tailed timber display cage or an out door pond or even a landscaped fishtank/terarium ok but it is a lunch box.

Click clacks are the worst cage idea ever. Breeders yes,maybe. General keepers? wake up to youselves- its a shame. I would be ashamed to put my snakes food in a click clack let alone my snake- Only good for breeders, temp accomodation while quarantine or sick ect.

I am not putting crap on your creation here ash- you have done a good job on what you have created and have replicated other peoples bad cage ideas admirably, thumbs up ash, but i think that as keepers we should strive to keep our animals in the best accomodation that we can - not a lunch box.

Breeders use them cause they dont have time to clean out hundreds of display cages. I can understand this, I would probably be the same, However thes animals that breeders keep are not pets, they are stock! a money making source, an employment.

Ours are our pets, we owe it to them to give them the best. The rubbish that hatchies do better in a little cage is exactly that. Put the things in a big cage with lots of hides , lots of hides. Use a proper substrate and natural furnishing that have been appropriatly cleaned. Make your cage a pleasure to look at even if the animal is not in it. People say that it is a cheap option- yes it is but i would be cheaper to kill the thing and pickle it too! if you can't afford an animal- DON'T get it

Click clacks are for the people who's Backdoors are tight.

Last edited:
come on people " look at my cage" what do you think? look ? is it good?

It a bloody plastic box from frranklins with a lousy bit of paper towel and a 3 cent dowel burned through it.

If it was a dove tailed timber display cage or an out door pond or even a landscaped fishtank/terarium ok but it is a lunch box.

Click clacks are the worst cage idea ever. Breeders yes,maybe. General keepers? wake up to youselves- its a shame. I would be ashamed to put my snakes food in a click clack let alone my snake- Only good for breeders, temp accomodation while quarantine or sick ect.

I am not putting crap on your creation here ash- you have done a good job on what you have created and have replicated other peoples bad cage ideas admirably, thumbs up ash, but i think that as keepers we should strive to keep our animals in the best accomodation that we can - not a lunch box.

Breeders use them cause they dont have time to clean out hundreds of display cages. I can understand this, I would probably be the same, However thes animals that breeders keep are not pets, they are stock! a money making source, an employment.

Ours are our pets, we owe it to them to give them the best. The rubbish that hatchies do better in a little cage is exactly that. Put the things in a big cage with lots of hides , lots of hides. Use a proper substrate and natural furnishing that have been appropriatly cleaned. Make your cage a pleasure to look at even if the animal is not in it. People say that it is a cheap option- yes it is but i would be cheaper to kill the thing and pickle it too! if you can't afford an animal- DON'T get it

Click clacks are for the people who's Backdoors are tight.

What, so you think it's healthier to put a tiny hatchling python in an adult sized enclosure?

Click clacks are for the people that want their pet to be comfortable.

I can understand that you dont have 200 dollars spare to build a viv- I didn;t either when i was a kid, How ever i improvised and i didn't get an animal til i had a cage.

I went to council clean ups, tips dumps ect and got fishtanks, display cupboards wardrobes, what ever and turned them into cages, I scabbed family and friends for fish tanks and neighbours, hell my major work at school wood work was a snake cage every year. be creative and resourceful.

You dont have to follow my therory or advice, I think these days my attitude is in the well minority as most people seem to think that animals do just fine in a click clack, - I just think that if you are going to have an animal give it the best you can and i want my animals to be better than fine! a nice cage well furnished provies enrichment for your animals and is a talking point with fam and friends.

well i think this is good, because i dont live in a massive house and dont have much room, and im pretty sure it doesn't care that its living in a plastic container with controlled climate with water, hides, heat.

Hatchies do do better in a smaller enclosure thoguh. There are heaps of problems faced when putting a hatchling in a large, adult sized or bigger enclosure.

What, so you think it's healthier to put a tiny hatchling python in an adult sized enclosure?

Click clacks are for the people that want their pet to be comfortable.

No, i wouldn't put a hatchy in my adults size enclosure cause my adult python enclosure is a timber stained wadrobe style enclosure 1800 high x 1200 wide x 800 deep- which is currently being up graded for something bigger, But all of my hatchies have been kept in a three foot fish tank. and all of my hatchies have been fine.

What comfort level do you guage on your snakes? why would a click clack be a comfort cage and a tank not.

I think that cage enrichment is an essential and important part of keeping and it cannot be done in a click clack.
Battery hens do just fine in their cages too, but i dont see them happy.
replication of the animals natural environment is better in my opinion. exacly like a zoo does.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back