My Finished Click Clack

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Markars, I think you are starting to contradict every scientific study into mannerisms of pythons.
Where did you do your degree?
Or are these just YOUR opinions?

sorry to hijack the thread- But what problems are faced potato matter?

Why do hatchies do better in smaller cages? Dont sprout what you have read from other people, explain your experiences.

I have explained mine. I have been keeping for ever basically. I was raised by reptile keeping parents and have kept all my life.

I am sure that other people will tell me the same thing as you, but i want to hear from experienced people.
I can understand trouble feeders it works to put them in a smaller temporary cage until they feed well then re introduce them back into their proper cage.

But what other problems have you faced? It is harder to clean ?, uses more space?- yes, but it takes dedication to keep reptiles.

slats- i have stated they are my opinions. The use of the terms i feel, i believe, i think all idicate that they are my opinions if i had stated quotes and citations they would be from reptile studies and reports.
I asked for peoples opinions and experiences.

Markars you didn't use the terms I feel or I believe.
Just remember that a lot of users on this forum are children living with their parents.
With limited space and limited money. Just because one is limited on cash is no reason to miss out on
keeping reptiles. Clic Clack or not.

sorry to hijack the thread- But what problems are faced potato matter?

Why do hatchies do better in smaller cages? Dont sprout what you have read from other people, explain your experiences.

I have explained mine. I have been keeping for ever basically. I was raised by reptile keeping parents and have kept all my life.

I am sure that other people will tell me the same thing as you, but i want to hear from experienced people.
I can understand trouble feeders it works to put them in a smaller temporary cage until they feed well then re introduce them back into their proper cage.

But what other problems have you faced? It is harder to clean ?, uses more space?- yes, but it takes dedication to keep reptiles.

Ahh, no, i'm not that experienced with snakes, but i do have some experience. Imagine if you, as a baby, were put into a massive bedroom, with heaps of hides etc. woud you feel comfortable, or would you feel more comfortable in a smaller room, a more secure room?

i think that as keepers we should
I think that cage enrichment is an essential You dont have to follow my therory or advice, I think these days my attitude

I think if you re read my posts where the selected text quotes have come from it will indicate that these are from my experiences and i am not refering.

slats- being limited on funds is no excuse- you can basically create an attractive house for an animal for free from a council clean up.-i am not saying a milkcrate wrapped in glad wrap either. we are a waste full society. I think a click clack is just an easy way out. easy- not necessarliy better.

potato- what experiences have you had where an animal has been worse off when housed in a big cage?

what problems have you encountered when using a big cage. I know i have problemswith big cages- they are big , heavy, harder to clean, they require more inventive furnishings and require a higher wattage globe. but i feel that these problems are outweighed by the benefits of using a bigger cage.

I think that cause a small python may most often be found under the same hide in the same spot of the cage may have been the justification to use smaller cages, then click clacks- but I find pleasure when i wake up in the night to see a hachling carpet high in the braches of it cage stretched straight out and activly hunting or what ever in the cage.

slats- being limited on funds is no excuse- you can basically create an attractive house for an animal for free from a council clean up.-i am not saying a milkcrate wrapped in glad wrap either. we are a waste full society. I think a click clack is just an easy way out. easy- not nhttp://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=2778&pictureid=25836 ecessarliy better.

I totally agree there markas, and you dont need to have heaps of space to build a viv from recycled materials. I built ohttp://www.aussiepythons.com/forum/picture.php?albumid=2778&pictureid=25836 ne 3'longx 2'deepx2'high for $60 last week... dont look perfect but it is good for a temp enclosure untill i can afford to upgrade to a better one.

Nah bloody t'stat...got the lights fittings at a demolition place, 50c each an already had the globes as spares at home

edit: And the glass lock!!!

ill prob be flamed.:rolleyes:.but i put mine straight into here.;)..with hideys etc but they dont like em much,unless say shed time....they'd rather climb.:).total cost bout $80 not including the thermostat. .got the cabinet off ebay for $20! lol shoulda seen their faces.."hope your tv fits it"..."na..its for snakes".. thought theyd ****.:D

Attachments

• fmly.jpg
    fmly.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 39
  • PICT0140.jpg
    PICT0140.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 91
Back to the original post , nice clickclack . Enjoy making one , when expecting hatchies and you have to make 20 of them it kind of sucks the fun out of it .

thats sweet schizmz, i already had the cabinet, glass and stuff in the shed at home would have liked to go higher but meh for the time being its fine i only got a 3 foot coastal in there, but i looking at building 6 foot high side-by-side's for both my coastals, but thats a project for another day. ;)

Back to the original post , nice clickclack . Enjoy making one , when expecting hatchies and you have to make 20 of them it kind of sucks the fun out of it .

Jungle we just trying to show that for not much more than the cost of the click clack container you can build a decent enclosure if you only getting a single snake, not breeding them, and you can make it to fit the space that you have

[with hideys etc but they dont like em much,unless say shed time....they'd rather climb.:).total cost bout $80 not including the thermostat./QUOTE]

Very nice cage. i think it is better to give an aboreal or semi aboreal animal an ability to climb, your experience would be that they rather climb than hide.

seems that i am not robbinson cruso in my beliefs.

Thanks for posting this great example.
I had a page that was given to me at the herp society when i was about 13 odd, about how to harvest a thermostat from a dumped fridge or oven and also a fish tank heater. If i can find it i will post it. I remember it worked when we used it.

ash, sorry if you thought in my post i was putting ***t on you, I guess it was a little sarcastic and i am sorry.

You built an awesome little cage and used the knowledge that you have learned from todays available information to create the typical cage used in the hobby today.

I guess my thoughts came out in your post out of bad luck i suppose. I see so many posts and threads encouraging the use of click clacks ect when i believe as older keepers we should be encouraging better cages of a more higher standard.

I am yet to find any example when a bigger cage is not better. long term and i think that as a hobby we should be sharing ways to build, recycle and reuse to get a nice big cage and only use click clacks for emergency, convelecance and temporary accomodation- if we keep going the way we are we may soon be able to use the same reasoning to keep snakes in cloth bags permanently- (hell, they are smaller, secure, easy to heat easy to clean, they prevent the snake from being disturbed)

sorry for being a sarcastic p****k.

We not flaming you asharee, we just putting alternative ideas out there for people who a cash short but want to make a nice display of their snakes... your click clack is well done but they just dont do your snake justice ;)

I had a page that was given to me at the herp society when i was about 13 odd, about how to harvest a thermostat from a dumped fridge or oven and also a fish tank heater. If i can find it i will post it. I remember it worked when we used it.

I had thought about an old oven but i didnt think they could be set low enough, had a look on the dial and thought 150 might turn him into a crispy critter....lol but i was thinking an old thermostat from an central heating unit? wouldnt be all that hard to modify it an could get it cheap at a demolition joint.

i think the thermostat mechanism is able to be set to anything- probably older ovens though the new ones are computerised and digital, I think the care sheet i have is (shockingly realising my age) nearly 20 years old so would only apply to pre internet machines. from what i remember you just used to set it to a lower temp, and we used a thermometer in the cage to mark in marking pen increments on the timber housing we made to hold it in, But i cannot remember wether the one we used was a fridge or oven thermo.

Still if it failed you would bbe able to recyle your snake- bit of garlic butter and some chives- a nice white- awsome

yer i meant no offense ash..you rule:D,but in the mind thought of sharing as was discussed.... this was a tv cabinet i got off ebay for $15.;)

Attachments

• enc.jpg
    enc.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 86
schizmz, wanna build mine for me? lol. I was almost thinking of doing similar but the unit i was going to use had a space for the tv inbetween 2 display cases. Was going to take shelves out, put glass in doors down the bottom and divide it so that i can keep 1 either side and have them living either side/under my tv...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back