Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
S

solar 17

It never ceases to amaze me these little Bredli are kept in [20] litre tubs [with perches] for the 1st few weeks, but spend 99% of their time on the perches....eating, looking and sleeping up there...cheers solar 17 [Baden]
4413506360_3aa219dae3.jpg

beautiful snakes baden...I gotta stop looking at your threads, bank gets worried when I do :(

My Bredli rarely comes down to the ground level of her enclosure, spends 95%+ time in the branches and perches.

My Bredli Also Loves Climbing On The Dowels That Are In His Click-Clack. Everytime I Check On Him He Is On Them Looking Out Of The Fly-Screen Mesh Top.

I have a pair of 14 month old Bredli & both of them only spend any significant amount of time away from their perches when they're digesting & coming up to slough. Other than that, they spend the great majority of their time on their branches. They'll happily stay out during daylight hours, & even last winter they spent a lot of time in their branches despite the ambient air temp getting down to 15C sometimes.

i would love to have a bredli one day, they have such nice colours!

i really want an arboreal snake at least, my jungle python has absolutely no interest in perches lol

The reason why all species of Carpet and Diamond Python's spend most of their time
on perches, is because out in the wild they live above ground in hollow trees and come out to bask and stalk or hunt their prey on a tree branch.

They only come down to the ground when they either want to get a drink or move from one tree to another to search for a partner or food or shed.

All my Carpet and Diamond Python's that l have kept since early 1990, have had access to a hide box inside their enclosure built above with a tree branch leading upto it, and they tend to spend most of their time curled up inside the hide box rather than perches on the tree branch out in the open.

Before you even think about getting a Carpet or Diamond Python, first think about how they live out in the wild, and make sure you have access to a enclosure that as a hide box built above at ceiling height with a tree branch leading upto it, this way your pet Python will feel alot more happier and safe in his or her new enclosure, don't just put a hide box on the floor of their enclosure, that is best suited to a ( Woma-Black-Headed-Olive-Water-Stimson Python's ) that a more suited to living at ground level in burrows-logs- and under boulder stones or in deep rock crevices.
Bluey66 ( Les ):)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back