Woma python not 'relieving' itself

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alexandra

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Hey, my 11 month year old Woma is not defecating as frequently as he is supposed to, he only does so every 2 or so weeks and the last one was yellow? His temp is between 26-28 degrees in the middle of his enclosure. He's feeding on weaner mice if that helps.

Regards, Alex.

Hi, if there is yellow or green in his defecation it might mean an infection.. prob best to get him checked out ;)..or next hot day lie him on the driveway..almost everytime i do they poo!.:). its great almost house trained! lol :D

Your feed item is to small, hence it doesnt crap every week!
You hot spot should be in the 32-34dg range.

Hey, my 11 month year old Woma is not defecating as frequently as he is supposed to, he only does so every 2 or so weeks and the last one was yellow? His temp is between 26-28 degrees in the middle of his enclosure. He's feeding on weaner mice if that helps.

Regards, Alex.

How many weaner mice are you feeding at a time???

Hardly going toilet cause your not feeding him enough if he is 11 months atleast feed him rats, Do you now know the feeding rule. Any ways feed him 3 weaner mice a meal until u run out then go buy some weaner rats and feed him once a week

Weaner rats? really? because he barely fits a weaner mouse in his mouth... and he was on velvet mice when i first got him about 3 months ago...

How big is he? How long roughly and what coin would you compare the thickest part of his body to?

feed it rats !! ....lovely snake ...but feed it weaner ratties and feed it more often say 7 to 10 days ..you will get some poop to clean up ....

as said feed him multiple weaner mice until you run out, then start feeding him rats of the same size or a tad bigger if you're worried. if they can't eat it, they generally won't (though womas are greedy things). also up your temperature to 32 degrees as was also offered.
womas like it toasty and warm so he needs a bit more heat... :)

yeah it is not much small than a couple of brisbanes we have and we just moved them up to small rats because they were looking for food constantly ....you could put yours up easy

You will be supprised at the size womas can chomp down my yearling was only about 55cm when i got him and he fed straight away on 60gram rats and is about the same thickness as urs 20c piece

I have to agree with the previous posts. I would up your food size. I'm just about ready to give my 3 month old Jungles weaner mice..

i would also agree with previous posts i have two womas bout the same size as yours and they eat a full mice and qual each once a week and they **** quite enough lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back