Aquarium/Fish People

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i m at month six of my first marien tank and compared to fresh its so hard everything has to be perfect or you loose the lot (worst case scenario) and ive learnt the hard way with marien that patients and reaserch really is the key.

and my god is it expensive.

however if you do it all just right bide your time and add llive stock very slowly its so much more rewarding than fresh. with fresh i find what you see is what you get with marien even the rocks are 10x more facinating than fresh water fish.

jmo tho

I HATE CYNO but im winning slowly lights are off every other day i have almost 10,000 liters of flow (tanks only 200 L) and im about to upgrade the a marien source skimmer doing 1000l per hour.

FREAKING CYNO SPECIALLY THE RED STUFF

Hmmmm, both are pretty cool. I'm a big fan of the mini Amano style square tanks though. Also, nano marine tanks that size, whilst awsome, are really hard to keep cool. Personally, I'd go the planted tank, use mainly laterite as far as sunbstrate goes, decent lighting, flourish and maybe even a small home made CO2 system... Get the list of live stock you mentioned and you're onto a winner! Also, post pics of whichever one you do!

I'm going to say this in every fish/aquarium thread I see:

Get a Mantis Shrimp :D

Amen to that! I had a nano tank for maintis once! They are so freakin awsome! Actually, it was mantis shrimp and Aptaisa, so it was a pest tank! But damn was it good!

I currently have a nano reef setup thats about 55-60 litres all up. I'd say marine is far more interesting than freshwater. My tank is crawling with worms and various invertabrates. It just takes a bit more effort and yes generally a bit more $.

Hooglabah, there is a product called chemiclean that gets rid of cyno over night!
Top stuff...in regards to lighting you should provide a natural photoperiod every day for your tank to thrive regardless.

I currently have a nano reef setup thats about 55-60 litres all up. I'd say marine is far more interesting than freshwater. My tank is crawling with worms and various invertabrates. It just takes a bit more effort and yes generally a bit more $.

Don't mean to hijack, but how do you regulate the temp?

When my 150 watt metal halide run's on a timer along with a fan. Haven't had issues with temps yet. Other than that the tank is heated to about 26'C. Basically the fan increases the evaporation rate which in turn cools the tank.

Andrew

thanks guys no pics though? well now it seems i have two tanks, i just got given a free one its smaller and is only 20 litres, but i might do a small planted for that one, then wait a while and do a marine for the other?

hey mate I'd go marine for the 45cm cube. Use heaps of live rock and nice coral sand. Make sure you have a good light. You'll find all sorts of amazing things come out of the live rock.

El

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back