Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
sdaji,unfortunatly it isnt just reptile folk who nit pick,im a member on quite a few different general interest forums,and it happens there to,its the internet,keyboard heros are left right and centre,dont take offence anyone,jj dont be shy to keep posting pics either

one question that i have with jags is how can they be claimed 75 percent this form cross 25 percent that and so on and so forth

sdaji,unfortunatly it isnt just reptile folk who nit pick,im a member on quite a few different general interest forums,and it happens there to,its the internet,keyboard heros are left right and centre,dont take offence anyone,jj dont be shy to keep posting pics either

one question that i have with jags is how can they be claimed 75 percent this form cross 25 percent that and so on and so forth
its a long story ... Gonna get a proper write up for you..:)

i don't think he will be bothering you anymore junglejaguar...i see he has been suspended...hehe.

So please go ahead and throw some more pics up if you have any.

I for one really appreciate anyone that has put in the hard work and care for their animals, so don't let one jealous person put you off from what your doing :)
thanks what fantastic news:):)

Last edited by a moderator:

Absolutely true, and it's not just the case online either :)

Jungle Jaguars are produced from breeding a Coastal Jaguar Carpet to a Jungle Carpet, the resulting offspring are 50% Jungle Jaguars. Breeding a 50% Jungle Jaguar back to a Jungle Carpet would yield second generation or 75% Jungle Jaguar Carpet Pythons.
spacer.gif
History
In 2003 I hatched the first 50% Jungle Jaguar Carpet Pythons, from 15 eggs hatched 9 Jungle Jaguars and 6 normal siblings. I kept the 9 Jungle Jaguars for future breeding projects. In 2005 I bred male 50% Jungle Jaguar Carpets to unrelated female Jungle carpets, hatching the first 75% Jungle Jaguars! The idea was to get smaller, more colourful Jaguars and as you can see the yellow has developed very well. The following year a strangely patterned 75% Jungle Jaguar hatched, he has been nicknamed "Ocelot" and I hope to prove him out in the future.
Jungle Jaguars are produced from breeding a Coastal Jaguar Carpet to a Jungle Carpet, the resulting offspring are 50% Jungle Jaguars. Breeding a 50% Jungle Jaguar back to a Jungle Carpet would yield second generation or 75% Jungle Jaguar Carpet Pythons.
spacer.gif
History
In 2003 I hatched the first 50% Jungle Jaguar Carpet Pythons, from 15 eggs hatched 9 Jungle Jaguars and 6 normal siblings. I kept the 9 Jungle Jaguars for future breeding projects. In 2005 I bred male 50% Jungle Jaguar Carpets to unrelated female Jungle carpets, hatching the first 75% Jungle Jaguars! The idea was to get smaller, more colourful Jaguars and as you can see the yellow has developed very well. The following year a strangely patterned 75% Jungle Jaguar hatched, he has been nicknamed "Ocelot" and I hope to prove him out in the future.

spacer.gif
History
spacer.gif
History
hope this gives you an idea richardsc :)

Last edited by a moderator:
ok so im a bit weired all snakes are pretty imo . yes here in oz we cannot cross breed our pet snakes ---thats the law get over it . the reason given is to keep them pure incase of a mass breakout when the bell sounds .:) very possibly there are ugly snakes in peoples eyes . i think that a lot of x bred dogs are ugly ie most oodles and anything bred with a chiuaua thanks for the pics jungle and i hope you have lots of fun with your mongrels :)

I wont be posting any more hybrid threads..:| to many people havin ago at me all the time:( i feel like i am bck in school...

Please don't take what Blue said as a representative view for as other Australians. Your hybrids are awesome, most of us love them. Many people don't understand the concept and the hard work that goes into breeding these animals with results.

Send as many images as you want and dont listen to critics who think the world is flat.

Regards,
me

i understand that bit jj,but if u breed a coastal jaguar to a jungle how come its a 50 percent jungle jaguar,how does it lose the coastal from its name

not being nitty picky,i just dont get how the percentage thing comes about
also wouldnt crossing a coastal carpet jag to a normal jungle actually result in 50 percent coastal jags,seing the jag trait was originally from the coastal in the pairing

and also doesnt breeding say 50 percent offspring back to a normal partner result in less of a percentage,not higher eg 75 percent

if u bred a 75 percent jungle jag with a normal jungle,you dont get a 100 percent jungle or a 100 percent jungle jag,they have coastal in there lineage,i dont understand the whole percentage thing in that way if u get my drift

ok so im a bit weired all snakes are pretty imo . Yes here in oz we cannot cross breed our pet snakes ---thats the law get over it . The reason given is to keep them pure incase of a mass breakout when the bell sounds .:) very possibly there are ugly snakes in peoples eyes . I think that a lot of x bred dogs are ugly ie most oodles and anything bred with a chiuaua thanks for the pics jungle and i hope you have lots of fun with your mongrels :)
you shouldnt judge a book by its cover..:( and i am proud of my mongrels...:d:d:d

dw JJ your Jagz are hot :) turn that frown upside down and SMILE

spacer.gif
History
spacer.gif
History

Is Paul Harris - aka the author of this going to be given credit for this above article?

Last edited:
ok so im a bit weired all snakes are pretty imo . yes here in oz we cannot cross breed our pet snakes ---thats the law get over it . the reason given is to keep them pure incase of a mass breakout when the bell sounds .:) very possibly there are ugly snakes in peoples eyes . i think that a lot of x bred dogs are ugly ie most oodles and anything bred with a chiuaua thanks for the pics jungle and i hope you have lots of fun with your mongrels :)

Good news! As you live in NSW you can cross breed your snakes. Check your licence, it's legal.
When that bell sounds because of " a mass breakout :shock: " they won't be using any of our snakes to repopulate wild collections.

We are producing snakes for the pet trade, nothing more.

I think "pure" breeding is a bit of a myth especially if you believe in evolution - nature seems to be hell bent on mutating genetics. Even the fact that we keep some animals as pets is a manipulation by nature - who is actually using who? But I guess it is possible to pure breed by cloning.

For me some of these pics are ugly but I liked the 50% diamond jungle - unnatural selection.

I am still amazed by how many people think we have ANYTHING to do with conservation, as you say they are all pets and nothing more.

When that bell sounds because of " a mass breakout :shock: " they won't be using any of our snakes to repopulate wild collections.

couldn't agree more krefft :D all our captive bred animals are pets.. nothing more..

I wonder if there would be any conservation value in "pets" that no longer exist in their wild state.
Im guessing there would be, actually im sure there has been.. hobbyist examples of this around
the world.

So much rubbish in this thread. The fact is, whether our pets have any conservation value or not, there are always going to be purists breeding pure snakes, and the few people breeding hybrids is not going to have an impact on that.

More Mongrels in the making for you Jane :)

DSC00507.jpg

Did this pairing produce offspring...... Id get some just for interest sake, would be interesting watching the colouring up after each shed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back