Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
lol my mate and his girlfriend are a bit like this...he wanted to buy another scorpion and shes like..."well if u get another scorpion i want a guinea pig" so he says fine then get ur guinea pig...then she goes " I DONT WANT A GUINEA PIG I WANT ANOTHER HORSE!"....i just stood there in the pet shop laughing my *** off

haha, my 38 yr old boyfriend spends weeks throwing tantrums like a 2 year old when i announce that ive put a deposit on yet another critter, hes threatened to leave on many occasions but never has, whines that i spend too much time with them, whines that i spend too much money on them (he drinks and gambles, how is that not wasting money??), whines about the electricity bill, whines about anythign thatss whine aboutable,..

hes more than welcome to go, but strangely enough whenever he gets to that point he doesnt wanna leave cos he'll miss the beardies, try figuring that one out!! :p

maybe you need to physically toss "mr whinge" out and slam the door on him..
then ignore him when he's scratching and whimpering on the doorstep :lol:

I know how you feel, although because I'm married we have 'our' money to consider, and everything has to be agreed on. My husband doesn't love my animals, and I would happily buy more if I could. I would really love a couple of ackies!! But he doesn't understand my love for my creatures and therefore doesn't see the need to buy more. He's told me I can't have anymore, and I have given in to him, for now.

He has a hobby too, Karate, and spends money on that with membership fees and uniforms etc, but because his hobby gives him fitness he doesn't mind 'us' spending more money on it and it's reasonable to him!! I also don't have any friends that help with my argument, not many of our friends and family come over and are excited to see them, actually most of them don't even want to go near the enclosures let alone touch or hold any.

I basically save my money to spend on my herps, upgrading enclosures, food etc. This comes from my allowance (money we allow ourselves to spend outside of the budget each week).

I guess it's something you either agree or disagree on and I spose your money is still your money, but if you live together the space issue is one thing you only need to consider on her part. But I say get a jungle!!

I had a boyfriend for 8 years then one day he told me that I would have to sell all my snakes and lizards before we get married because his Mum wouldn't really like them in 'our' house when we move out and when we have kids because they are filthy. Goddamn I ran faster than lightning and have doubled my reptiles in the last year since we broke up probably as protection so he won't come back!! I now have a new bf and since we both graduated from a ba in environmental science and both doing honours together he has some understanding of my reptile obsession. Things sometimes work out well with break ups - at least I got to have more reptiles hehe!!

Oh I love it that its always the women that are the naggers and don't let you do what you want...
Apparently we are all horrible ******es... Why are you all with these women if they are so horrible?
So what's your advice on the BOYfriend who won't let me get more, for the exact same reason...

completely agree

jasspa - buy him a wii =)

I married my lady so she cant be too bad!

What if we already have a wii?

My boyfriend has guitars so it's not really one sided. I'm just saying it's not always girls that give grief over snakes...

My wife was dubious when I first told her I was getting a snake, but no real worries there.
I'm now waiting on snake 4 to arrive in the next cpl weeks hopefully, plus we have a couple of blue tongues.

I gave my wife naming rights on the female snakes to help make things a bit smoother, which she enjoyed. She's since come to realise that she absolutely adores the blue tongues, & now having a placid woma with another on the way has even piqued her interest in the snakes, due to their easy nature & quirky behaviour. I think if I get any more after #4, it'll have to be her snake.

So really everything has been quite easy & painless regarding the reptiles & my wife. I knew I was a lucky bloke when I married her, & after reading some of the posts here, it just reinforced the fact I married a top chick. Huzzah for me!

My bf doesn't want me to get any more lizards :( cos "you need to save your money"
I only have 9 and i know i'll get more!
I think i'll buy him a snake, that should shut him up :D

I'm lucky, although my boyfriend isn't a big snake person he is the outdoorsy/handyman type.
So if i distract him with helping me make new tanks (while im picking what i want), he then pushes for me to buy things to put in them, because he likes his handywork being shown off =P

well see thats another thing, im building some nice multi-bay display enclosures and i will have 1 or 2 spare tanks so i want to put something in them, this is where the idea came from to get a new snake or two lol

Is there a reason she doesn't support your hobbies? Is she genuinely concerned about your financial situation? Is there a financial situation? If not, kick her to the curb

havent actually started yet schizmz, bought most of the wood just have to find a good day to start, hopeuflly start the frame for the sandies enclosures on the weekend but the snakes enclosures wont be done till easter.
serpentor, i think she is just worrying about when i wanna get a car, but thats basically covered as mum is giving me some money for that, and still, my burthday isnt until july. i dont really know why she doesnt support my hobby, who knows.

i·ron·ic   /aɪˈrɒn
thinsp.png
ɪk
/ Show Spelled[ahy-ron-ik] Show IPA
–adjective 1. containing or exemplifying irony: an ironic novel; an ironic remark.

2. ironical.

3. coincidental; unexpected: It was ironic that I was seated next to my ex-husband at the dinner.

4. making a thread to complain to others about your partner complaining at you

Use ironic in a Sentence

See images of ironic

Search ironic on the Web

Origin:
1620–30; < LL īrōnicus < Gk eirōnikós dissembling, insincere. See irony, -ic

—Related forms non·i·ron·ic, adjective
sem·i-i·ron·ic, adjective

DUDE: your missus only complained to you, her partner.
You have aired dirty laundry and complained to a long list of strangers. :lol:

I usually just stay quiet while my wife spends the same amount on random other things that I intend on spending on my next herp purchase... then I spring it on her, with plenty of 'remember when' references to back me up :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back