sand in the tracks

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigi

Very Well-Known Member
Reaction score
hey guys, has anyone solved the old problem of sand on/in glass tracks, im getting a bit fedup with it, and dont really want to change to hinged doors

Just get a little rechargeable car vaccum and clean it out once a week....

I do the same as humor and use a dust buster it's the eaisest way i have found so far

get a piece of wood the same length as your tank and a little higher than the runners sit. put it in behind the runners and vwala no sand in runners acts like a splash board

get a piece of wood the same length as your tank and a little higher than the runners sit. put it in behind the runners and vwala no sand in runners acts like a splash board

thanks, it not a bad idea, but this could only be fitted to the inner sliding glass half section, and this will still need to be slid open to the other end that is more the problem, This is the inner side of the track that allows the glass at the other end to slide into

oh i know, i hate the noise. ive got 2 sand goannas and im always vacuuming the sand out of the tracks, the screach of the glass is so annoying. scares all the cats when i open the tanks.

OMG! this problem nearly killed me, the sound was dreadful! yeeh in the end i took the sand box out (pregnant bearded dragon was in ther at the time) and vacumed up the glass track but there are still is a bit left i cant get too...

I hate that sound, and I always think I am like deafening the lizards when I do it. I just have to use the old dustbuster aswell, I tried with some wood, but it didn't help, as my little netteds would still run up and down it, so the sand still got in, so I just have to deal with it.
Cam

if u havent got a small vacume cleaner attachment maybe get a straw and blow it out your self or a can of compressed air or a compressor if u have one might work.

i vaccumm them twice a week when i vaccuum the house,....(just pull the floor attachment off and use the round bit) most of my new cages have hinged doors just cos i hate sand in the tracks soooo much,..! :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back