Bluey Problem

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Whimsey

Not so new Member
Reaction score
Haii
Im Whimsey's Daughter And Was Wondering If Anyone Could Tell Me Why My Bluey Attacks Other Blueys..She Lives With 3 Baby Shinglebacks And A Very Small Blotched Bluey.. And She Love Them And Likes The Adult Shinglebacks.. But When Ever She Is Near The Other Blueys She Attacks Them...Let Me Know What You Think As i Really Dont Want To Put My New Baby Bluey With Her Becaues She Attacks Them

Hey Whimseys daughter.

I'd hate to be the bringer of bad news - but you are more than likely gonna have to seperate all your blueys and shingle backs. Keeping different species together can lead to hybridization (cross bred animals), and some species are more violent than others.

How large is the enclosure they are kept in?

If i were you, I'd keep all the shinglebacks together, and put the blotchie and the new one in seperate enclosures. This will help in cutting down stress on the other animals (fighting for food, or dominance), cross breeding during breeding season, and the random out bursts of violence that will just happen.

So all up you will probably have 3 Enclosures, 1 for the Shinglebacks, 1 for the blotchie, and 1 for the baby.

I Told My Mum Ages Ago To Put The Baby Shinglebacks With The Adults That Live Out Side..
But My Blotchie Always Gets Bashed By The Other 2 As He Is Really Small For His Age..
Also My Adult Bluey That Was Given To Me With The Blotchie Hates Other Blueys.. I Showed Her Baby Bluey And She Tryed To Bite His Face And Leg....But My Adult Bluey Is Female And So Is Blotchie..She Is sweet And Lovley In The House And Her Tank But Take Her Near The Out Side Blueys Its Like Hannabal... But She Like Hanging With The Shingle That Was Attacked.....

Doo You Know Why My Adult Bluey Called Alice Hates Other Blueys But Not Blotched Blueys And Shinglebacks???

And Thnaks For The Help

Could be territory, could be just because the bluey has a chip on its shoulder.

You need to seperate them - once you do that - all the problems will be sorted.

Hi Whimseys daughter,

As SuburbanMe said earlier, Its probably not a great idea to keep different species of bluey in the same enclosure. I have had similar issues to yours in the past, although all my blueys are easterns.

In my case the problem was territorial and possession over hides and food etc and also a sexual problem ie: male / female reaching sexual maturity. You don't give us their ages or size of the enclosures?

Also, from my experience, blueys kept indoors and outdoors exhibit very different behaviours. I've found blueys kept outside, as mine are, retain more of their in-bulit behaviours and are a lot wilder and aggressive to other lizards.

There are behaviours and gestures in blueys terms that humans will never completely understand.

Separating the different species would be a good starting point.

Good luck

A newborn bluey will hit the ground running so to speak. Solitary animals mostly. Most are happier if they have thier own space. Can you divide the enclosure and still give each enough room?
Blueys have quite strong jaws for crushing snails. An adult bluey can easily crush another smaller blueys head! Dont wait too long

Thanks For The Help...I Have No Idea How old the lizards are as they were presents given to me by my boss......My Adult Bluey 'Alice' Has No Problem With Baby Bluey 'Oliver' In The Tank Now Its Only When She's Out Playing On The Floor.And As For My Blotched Bluey 'Hamelton' She Crys And Make Weird NSounds When By Herself..She Has Lived With Adult Bluey All Her Life.

Thanks For The Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back