bad grammar knockers

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is that only if you are creating a word document.

But is there any harm, if you know you have a disability, to firstly type your post in word then copy and paste into the message box on the forum?

It doubles as a spell checker, punctuation checker, grammar checker etc - although not infallible, it does counter most of the common mistakes. Most of those mistakes are so simply fixed up - and with a computer doing it for you it's possible that you'll learn as well.

Firefox has an Australian checker that spell checks as you go - I am currently using it and I can write colour, flavour, neighbour etc - all are correct (except the etc - apparently the abbev. is wrong)

their theyre there.jpg
your youre.jpg

I saw these on the internet a while ago...they made me laugh, but are probably quite helpful :)

i have found a lot of the people who pick on bad grammar, only do it when they are loosing a debate.........................

"Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?"

"Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it deosn’t mttaer in waht oredr the ltteers in a wrod are, the olny iprmoetnt tihng is taht the frist and lsat ltteer be at the rghit pclae. The rset can be a total mses and you can sitll raed it wouthit a porbelm. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. Amzanig huh?"

Very good I was waiting for someone to post that.

But is there any harm, if you know you have a disability, to firstly type your post in word then copy and paste into the message box on the forum?

It doubles as a spell checker, punctuation checker, grammar checker etc - although not infallible, it does counter most of the common mistakes. Most of those mistakes are so simply fixed up - and with a computer doing it for you it's possible that you'll learn as well.

Firefox has an Australian checker that spell checks as you go - I am currently using it and I can write colour, flavour, neighbour etc - all are correct (except the etc - apparently the abbev. is wrong)

It would be quicker for me to go back to school and retake English as my computer skills are worse. How are scissors and clag going to help me on a computer

I think if someone who is not very good at spelling etc at least makes an effort when posting questions then there is no problem.If no effort is made then I tend to not offer any advice.

Simple typos are one thing but some efforts border on down right laziness,especially when spell checkers as slim suggested are able to be used prior to posting.

Dammit I was SO ready to post that! I had my fingers crossed that nobody else had written it yet...

It would be quicker for me to go back to school and retake English as my computer skills are worse. How are scissors and clag going to help me on a computer

I somehow doubt your computer skills are 'worse' as typing into this thread alone required a higher level of competence than typing into Word and using the spell checker there.

Cutting and pasting is as simple as highlighting, right clicking, pressing copy and then putting the cursor where you require and right clicking and pushing paste....

Perhaps school would be good - for as someone has said - If you stop learning - you're dead!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back