monitor

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Apple Mac"!

Seriously, it all depends on how the animal is treated, and, perhaps, luck of the draw; I've had "reasonably tame" Spencers and Lacies, for example.

Spencers are probably one of the easiest to get to be tame, that said they can get big and are very strong. They typically dont bite defensively, but my big male had a few attempts at bitting me today although i havnt made any effort to get him used to handling and using the safe method of handling isnt overly pleasant for a monitor. They also have extremely violent feeding behaviour and you need to make sure they know they arnt being fed if you want to handle them.

I have a few spare males that would adjust well to handling with the right approach.

I have found one of the most bullet proof handelable monitors to be mertens. Even as advanced juvies you can quite litterally grab a handfull with no thought about how you are grabbing them and not even be conerned about being bitten. This placid nature is also evident from them being able to be housed with much smaller lizards ie. frillies or water dragons when they are adults. On a side note I have several advanced juvies for sale at the moment if anyone is interested pm me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back