coastal python hibernation

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

AjHenry

Reaction score
Could any one tell me about this? I have never had a python before, well not long term any way and don't really know enough about them. I know that my beardies will be going into hibnate soon, do these guys do the same and about when do they do it? What do I need to do for them? When do I stop feeding him?
Thank you Corrina

how old is it??

if its only young then there is no need to hibernate them....i only hibernate if i want to breed them.....

i'm putting mine into brumation very soon. if its under a year old i wouldn't brumate it but if older you can do it no problems, you wanna give them a good feed just before you do it. and only heat for a few hours a day, also reptiles brumate not hibernate

i'm putting mine into brumation very soon. If its under a year old i wouldn't brumate it but if older you can do it no problems, you wanna give them a good feed just before you do it. And only heat for a few hours a day, also reptiles brumate not hibernate
pretty sure you dont want to give them a good feed just before mate.

you dont back the heat off all at once. i will give them a few heavy feeds the weeks leeding to cooling and no food in the week where i drop the temps but only decrease temps a couple of degrees a day not all at once.

thought it was at the end of april u cool coastals .. ?

Sounds perfect but this is a new guys first post, could have ended up not so good with a gut full of rat and no heat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back