Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

RELLIK81

Reaction score
hey guys.
ive had my tanami pair of womas for about a year now and they have been awesome ...but over the past week my female has been rather psychotic to say the least.....striking at the glass just cuz your sitting next to it....
i know its being cage defensive but why would she suddenly show this behaviour....she has been in the enclosure for like 4 months or something.....
here are a couple of pics i took to show you what she is doing
DSC_1767.jpg

DSC_1769.jpg

and one last one of her about to chow down
DSC_1770.jpg

I have heard they can go a bit funny around this time of the year ( feb - march )

lol yeah ...funny thing is as soon as i pick her up she calms right down....lol

same with my spotted. shes gone spastic now. she wasnt before. lol

could it have something to do with winter cooling coming up????
or is it just cuz it is the warmer months.....
bloody women is right....my male is fine...no aggression at all

Yeah heaps of captive pythons change like this, as did one of my male SA womas. He was a calm, hand tame youngster, but as he grew became food obsessed and from then on always tried to constrict and eat my hand or strike when near his cage. I tried for ages to sell him, but no one would buy him, so ended up giving him away as a display specimen for wildlife demos (his new owners know his temperament, so strictly a 'behind glass' display animal). Lets hope yours comes around, but womas do have this reputation.....

My S.A Woma was a doll up until a few months ago she was placid

& didn't even strike with a feeding response..

Thats all changed now & she's that food crazed she head bobs & tail wags

just like the Tanami's!!

I assumed she would turn out just like my boy S.A.. placid, dopey & relaxed.

Alas she's turned into a typical woma lol (fine once out of the cage though)

i had one of my womas {male]in a4 foot glass tank and reacted same way ,soon i put him in melamine cabinet with glass only front he settled right down ,he was a bit insecure i guess.

woma worries

I have found over the time I have owned Womas I have four 2 pairs, feeding in the cage they live in fosters this cage aggression, I have found a seperate feeding area is better. I feed in a large plastic garbage bin. it also gives me time to strip out the cage for cleaning while they are feeding.hope this helps

Mine was a nut bag for the past few months but he seems to have calmed down again i think its the weather we are just ending the wet season had a few hot humid weeks in there wich would have not helped. Hot womas are fast critters!! But hes over it now and likes being picked up again. Just dont let it beat you. If it calmes down when out of the cage dont fail to get her out or she will be more feral next time if she has a win especially if you feed her when shes naughty!!!!! I made sure i got my boy out played with him until he was calm for a while before he got any food he stopped trying to consume fingers after that!

Lets hope she gets over it soon :) Mine was worst before shed then when he finished i had a completly different snake yay!!!!

Damn it- you beat me to the offer. My big BHP, Bredli & Blondes suddenly went silly too, I could only put it down to the weather. Hopefully they are better today when I go to talk to them.
Say hello to them for me! lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back