Locks on enclosures

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Allies_snakes

Reaction score
Hey all,

Has anyone ever had a lock jam on your enclosure? I am in the middle of feeding all my snakes and the lock to my spotty's enclosure is totally jammed. Its the key I have used everytime for the last 4 years and I can get the bloody thing open, the key goes in but wont turn the %$#!! lock..:evil:

I guess my only option is the lock smith or break the glass..what a pain in the buttress.

Any other suggestions..??

Ali.

Hi Ali
If its the glass sliding type lock, all you need to do is lift both glass panes up and pull both out of the tracks. This can be done with those glass lifting things or strong masking or duct tape.

Cheers
Rick

Rick, they are sliding glass, but the doors fit inside the lip of the frame, cannot be done :( ...you need to slide them into each other a bit to lift it up and get it out.

meh..i dont have any g.dust..i guess the locksmith will try that. going to call him in the morning..thanks anyways peeps. ;)

Do you have more than one enclosure ? l know its a stupid question but l have tried to use the wrong key in the past . lts like the last thing people check when their car stops is the fuel .

except with a car you have a fuel gauge and light so you generally have a rough idea

Do you have more than one enclosure ? l know its a stupid question but l have tried to use the wrong key in the past . lts like the last thing people check when their car stops is the fuel .

Hi, yes I have several and I have thoroughly checked that I have not used the wrong key. Thank you for the reply..I know in the past I have made a stupid mistake like that, but I have all the keys sitting in their locks (and have givenn them all a turn to see that they are the correct ones) and now this one is singled out (the keys are also colour coded for each encl.) so, its deffinatley it.

Thanks again.

Spray some CRC in the lock barrel and save yourself the cost of a locksmith, it will be the moving parts that are siezed and should free up quite easily.

Andrew

Rub a 'lead' pencil over the key, instant graphite dust.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back