Bah I'm moving overseas - have to sell my snakes :(

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mayhem

Reaction score
Need to have a rant...

Well, got some news today and it seems I have to move overseas within the next 4 weeks! Pretty short notice and I only recently got a few newbies! :(

Such a royal pain in the ***, I just had my herp room really nicely set up, and just last week I got a new common tree snake, something I've wanted for a while now - just to have a short lived experience of keeping one now!

Its bloody inconvieniant, and I'm a little ticked off (hence my little mini rant here)!!! :evil:

I also had some nice pairs that I was ready to try my first breeding season with, so I guess that goes out the window now :(

Oh well, on the plus side, I get to keep some exotics while overseas, and I'll probably keep a few australian snakes as well (seeing they're over there!)

Everything will be posted in the correct for sale section as site rules require soon :(

/end rant

So where are you going? and why? how long for? can someone babysit them for you?

Well its looking like at least 6 months, Europe. Gotta leave the g/f of 2 years behind (she's got her own work commitments, and no, she can't look after the snakes) and I don't know anyone who has the room and time for 7 extra snakes and their enclosures for 6-12 months. I guess I'll ring around a few people I know and trust before I sell them all, but its all a bit of a shock right now!

Yeah sounds awful dude. thats the best idea find a few of your mates that know how to take care of snakes and just distribute them off to differant mates for the time ur away :)

hahaha most of my mates aren't as strange as us bunch ;) they don't know the first thing about snakes.

Oh well, I'll work it out, just needed to rant. Looking over property sites now to try and find me somewhere to live - bah not looking forward to packing up this place and doing the whole removal/storage deal either. Moving sucks!

Im sure that there are heaps of ppl on here that will more than gladly look after your babies for however long you are overseas..

I'll be the 1st to put my hand up to look after a pair for you, as I have 2 spare enclosures (one small one large). I only have one python and 3 beardies, so my herp room can easily spare an extra one or two..:D

The hardest thing would be me getting attached to them while youre living overseas. But I would be more than happy to either return them to you (after a bit of grief therapy lol) or buy them off you at an agreed price, depending on your circumstances..

Let me know what you think..

Judy

Same here :) Just a thought I dont mind looking after some extra herps. Returning them is no drama either :p i know id want my snakes back if i were in your situation :p

I'll keep it in mind guys, I have a few trusted people that may be able to help me out, if I can call on them I will, otherwise you might be in luck hahaha

Its better then selling your loved herps knowing you will never see them again then when you move back to aus your going to have to start from scratch ! And if you do get some one to watch them for awhile Get there full details and a written agreement so if they refuse to return the animals you have some sort of written agreement to show .

unlucky mate. i had the same predicament about 3 months ago although i didnt move overseas (just to thursday island in the torres strait). i distributed all my animals amongst my herp friends and im so glad i did. they keep me updated on a weekly basis which is the highlight of my week. i cant wait to go home in 3 months and see all of them again, especially my lacies and kings skinks (my two faves). hope you can find some babysitters for them. you will be glad you did when you return :)

silver lining

look on the bright side " you get to go back to beautifull australia at some point.theres folk like me stuck in miserable rainy,cold scotland.
all the best with your move
cheers shaun

aww harley that sucks!!!

however... youre going over to holland??? defqon by any chance!? :D lucky!

whats got you having to up and vacate so quickly?

i think i would cry if i had a gtp and diamond and all your other gorgeous collection. ill have my fingers crossed for you that you find safe, trustworthy temp homes for them, it would be more than a damn shame if you lost them for good :(

best of luck with your snakeys AND with your overseas adventure!

keep us updated :)

i know the feeling mayhem, I'm just about to move to vietnam for at least 12mths, leaving behind the boyfriend of 4yrs, but luckily, he's happy to look after the dogs and herps for me :)

Hey! Coming over to Holland? Nice!

What are you going to do overhere and where do you stay?

What parties do you talk about? :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back