My BHP feeding... WARNING

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ChrisZhang

Reaction score
Well this is the last time I'm going to thaw my frozen rats with boiling water... look at the results... :shock::shock::shock::shock::shock: It's a 2 year old BHP...:)

Ripped the tail off straight away once she saw it:eek:
yj4sn.jpg

After she squeezed it...
23sgl7p.jpg

While she was fiddling around with it
xlxueq.jpg

The tail lol...
153was7.jpg

i thaw out my mice for my spotted via boiling.... i find that i only have to leave it in there for 2 mins then take it out to cool out of the bag, legs have come off once or twice.... but its only a pinky so it doesn't really make a difference.

Hot tap water works just as well.

I had a similar thing happened to me but it was cause the snake ripped its belly when it struck at it wha i offered it.

Yeah thats pretty awfull. I feel sorry for the Blackhead that had to eat it. I doubt it was just warm tap water too. Jeeze that tops the nastiest ive seen..hmmm

Ewwwww....:rolleyes:
Just use warm tap water m8..i leave fuzzies in for about 20min and big rats i give 45min-1hr.;).changing water during the process and "Never" use boiling water.but i guess you know that now :lol:

I have been lead to believe that partially cooked food could cause digestion problems and there for when defrosting make sure I never run the risk of even slightly poaching the rodent, even hot water straight from the tap can poach the food slightly especially pinkies, I always defrost overnight in fridge then warm it in water and if feeding more than 1 rodent I only warm the first ones, that way if the animal doesn't feed the rest go back in the freezer and then if they don't feed the next week I throw it in the bin.

I am hoping you have since learnt your lesson, If you haven't, grab yourself a piece of steak out of the fridge and plunge it into a pot of rapidly boiling water (with tongs of course) and then once you reckon it has defrosted throw it on the griller. Once you have consumed it, let us know how long it takes for you to begin to feel cramps and when the hot flushes begin and finally once you have either managed to throw up the steak or have defaecated it out.... Just think about your poor snake that has had to do the same, only not by choice and then has had to put up with the smell with it's much better sense of smell than you have.

Mind you this is just my opinion that I am expressing and I really couldn't care less if I am going to be ostracised for my opinion but really who believes that this is a brilliant experiment to be conducted because of the "I just wanted to try it" mentality with no care or thought put into the animals welfare.

I am hoping you have since learnt your lesson, If you haven't, grab yourself a piece of steak out of the fridge and plunge it into a pot of rapidly boiling water (with tongs of course) and then once you reckon it has defrosted throw it on the griller. Once you have consumed it, let us know how long it takes for you to begin to feel cramps and when the hot flushes begin and finally once you have either managed to throw up the steak or have defaecated it out.... Just think about your poor snake that has had to do the same, only not by choice and then has had to put up with the smell with it's much better sense of smell than you have.

Mind you this is just my opinion that I am expressing and I really couldn't care less if I am going to be ostracised for my opinion but really who believes that this is a brilliant experiment to be conducted because of the "I just wanted to try it" mentality with no care or thought put into the animals welfare.

Thanks for that piece of information, I do know now, this was the first and last time ill try it, cheers

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back