Unfed Clutches

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Perko

Reaction score
I have noticed alot of people trying to flog off clutches of snakes that are not yet feeding, with the common sale phrase " you get them feeding, you earn the bucks, etc,etc "

Imo, if you havent got the time to put in the hard work, then dont breed the snakes.

Whats your opinion?

Not the best way to build up a reputation as a breeder! I would think.
These "breeders" are there for a short ride.

yeah...i know for me personaly id prefer to get them eating myself....
then you know they are off to a good start at their new homes...

Meh! Each to their own. I'm sure most of these breeders would try to get them feeding if no one buys them. Time is worth money and if you don't need to put that time in then you are making a saving i guess. If someone offered me an appropriate price for unfeeding hatchies i would definately consider taking it.

But if it is simply due to the breeder never intending to get them feeding then i don't really think that person should be breeding.

I disagree. Works out well for the purchaser, as they save money, and the breed gets to move them on quickly, should they decide to do it that way. I don't see a problem. I prefer to buy snakes straight from the egg, as it spends less time in their collection, and I can be less paranoid that I am buying a snake with 'bugs' from someone else's collection. On the other hand, if you are inexperienced then best to buy an established feeder and pay more. But I don't see a problem with breeders selling them this way and being honest about them being non-feeders.

I would be happy to buy unfeeding animals straight from the egg at a reduced price. If they are at a point were they could be feeding, i would really be considering the reasons for such a sale. So funny reading adds that imply you will make money by buying a heap of average or low quality animals. Some one may fall for it though.

Circumstances change. The breeder may have had full intentions on raising the clutch, however changed circumstances meant he couldn't...

Circumstances change. The breeder may have had full intentions on raising the clutch, however changed circumstances meant he couldn't...

There seem to be quite a few of them, a lot of circumstance changes. :?

I had a whole clutch to sell unfeeding a while back , some have seen started to feed and now will be sold as feeding single snakes .
I cant see the issue with it , if some one wanted to grab a bargain of me then good luck tho them .
Does not mean i dont care for my animals or a bad person ;)

Buying unfeeding clutches is fine if you get them straight after hatching. At least this way you know they haven't been intimidated or the product of a bad force feeding by someone inexperienced in starting hatchlings . I would never buy non-feeders at this point in the season as a good proportion will probably never start feeding and die.

I have brought non feeding snakes in the past and all has gone well, they were cheap and have eatin consistantly for me. As has been said i wouldnt buy animals advertised as non feeding at this time of the year though

Last edited:
I dont have a problem with that either, i have bought clutches straight from the egg.
But there just seems to be so many unfed clutches for sale this year, and as you say should be feeding by now.

Buying unfeeding clutches is fine if you get them straight after hatching. At least this way you know they haven't been intimidated or the product of a bad force feeding by someone inexperienced in starting hatchlings . I would never buy non-feeders at this point in the season as a good proportion will probably never start feeding and die.

Maybe they allready have tons on their hands? i know my plate is bussy with school work but i manage to only really look after a small collection with hatchling dragons.

Nothing wrong with selling them off non feeding if someone else is willing to go through the hassel, besides its up to the breeder, who cares if they come and go they will always be around. I do think buying them this late would not be the smartest thing to do unless just hatched.

juvy jungle none feeders

Not the best way to build up a reputation as a breeder! I would think.
These "breeders" are there for a short ride.
Hey guys , I just came by a clutch of juvy jungles I have had them for a week now and I cant get none of the eight to take a pinky, I have had other snakes for a few years now, Carpets, Diamonds, Bredlis and Darwins but I have never bred any as yet. these are the youngest I owned to date and the bloke I got them off didnt provide any feeding records either , HELP what is the trick to getting youngins to feed for the first time. BRYLEE

Hey guys , I just came by a clutch of juvy jungles I have had them for a week now and I cant get none of the eight to take a pinky, I have had other snakes for a few years now, Carpets, Diamonds, Bredlis and Darwins but I have never bred any as yet. these are the youngest I owned to date and the bloke I got them off didnt provide any feeding records either , HELP what is the trick to getting youngins to feed for the first time. BRYLEE

Do a search - there are numerous threads with tons of information on this topic.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back