Diamond Hibernation

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

saximus

Almost Legendary
Reaction score
Hi guys I was hoping someone could give me some advice or just some thoughts. I have a diamond that I got a bit over a year ago from someone who hibernated her. Last winter she started to refuse food around April or May so I just figured that was her telling me it was the beginning of her hibernation period. This year though she seems to have started refusing food quite early. She hasn't eaten for about a month and a half and I am not sure if this is wanting to start hibernating already. It has gotten pretty cold at night here pretty early in the year but it still seems kind of early.
Does this sound normal to anyone or should I be worrying?
Cheers
Dan

so...your m8 hibernated the 1st year..?.and you hibernated her last year?.. and this year she seems to be early?.. yer?.. i think thats what you meant..:) how old btw?

Sorry I guess that was a little bit confusing. She is about 10 but I've only had her for a year. I hibernated her last year. That was the first time I have ever hibernated a snake though because I have a Jungle that I had from a baby who I have never hibernated. So I don't really know what to expect

Diamond Pythons don't hibernate, they brumate.

Yes, it is earlier than usual. Mine are still feeding and usually do at this time of year in Sydney.
What is her condition like? Can you post a full-body pic?

Last edited:
re Diamond

I live near you sax,mine are still feeding outside and inside,as stated by bushman they dont actually hibernate,they just have reduced activity from cooler conditions taking the opportunity to bask when available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back