Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What about getting it UVA and UVB rays? I don't own a reptile yet and have always wondered how that works. Isn't it a necessity to get UVA and UVB rays?

Another way i found more effective for the Dowel is to
Cut it to length.
Pilot drill some holes in the centre of both ends.
Solder your self another hole on each side of clic-clac
Put the dowel in place
Place washers on button screws
tighten

There is no way it can dislodge and provide an exit
clic-clac.jpg

IMO its a good idea to paint the outside with black (or other dark colour) to reduce the light level, just leave plenty clear so you can see what is going on inside.

Thats a good simple idea no dowles poking out the ends,neat and tidy ,on to it:)
Another way i found more effective for the Dowel is to
Cut it to length.
Pilot drill some holes in the centre of both ends.
Solder your self another hole on each side of clic-clac
Put the dowel in place
Place washers on button screws
tighten

There is no way it can dislodge and provide an exit
View attachment 119164

Really good DIY, helped me out to make my click clack, will try get some pics up soon. And for the above post made by womapythons i just cut out the hole, hot glue gunned the frame to the lid (sanded it back a bit to give it a rough surface to adhere to) then let that dry. Glued the edges underneath And ontop for extra strength..
Mitght be a little hard to know what im talking about so ill try get pics as i said :)

ok so uploaded some quick pics :)

just a few quick snaps.. still more i want to work on but all shops are shut until tuesday :?

Attachments

• IMG_0183.jpg
    IMG_0183.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 423
  • IMG_0184.jpg
    IMG_0184.jpg
    81 KB · Views: 463
  • IMG_0187.jpg
    IMG_0187.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 391
  • IMG_0189.jpg
    IMG_0189.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 374
  • glued.jpg
    glued.jpg
    85.2 KB · Views: 368
Last edited:
and of course my new addition, got it tonight :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Attachments

• IMG_0181.jpg
    IMG_0181.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 377
  • IMG_0185.jpg
    IMG_0185.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 370
thanks for that python player might do that in my click clacks

umm missing a hide

Yeah i use a cardboard box that i got my business cards sent to me in, its perfect size for him, but i took it out to take the pic. Just about due for an upsize too. Will post pic of next container too if u wanna see it. Will do less holes, more dowel lvls,and larger water bowl & maybe a fake cave hide. :) :)

what kind of wattage heat matts are people useing? wont it melt the bottom of the click-clack?

Thanks heeps.Need to fix up my 6 months old childrens enclosure needed to house him for a couple of days just in case.Thanks again

I made up a click clack just this past wknd. This thread gave me a few ideas.
Since I am a anti-click clack person I have made sure that it is completely sealed and escape proof.
It is only a temporary enclosure to house new snakes in away from my main collection for a few months.

Where do your thermostats go?
I cant see anyones in any of the pictures?

Or dont people use them?

outside of the click clack make a hole just big enough to put the probe through or you are using a heat mat just put the probe ontop of the mat under the click clack

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back