Beer!

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be easier for me to list the ones i DONT like...theres less of them!! There use to be a drink called fosters special bitter, that was camel p1ss....just like tooheys blue and tooheys red, yest strangely enough i like tooheys gold.
Heavy beer.....VB or carlton draught.
Mid strength...Tooheys gold all the way
Light................Fosters light ice, or hahn premium light, cascade light.

Who remember blue bock??? eerrrkkkkkk............................

Hands down the best beer is the Bintang. From Indonesia.. Cant beat that.

Just got back from Bali huh? :D Just like Tiger, smells like it was brewed in a prison from rotten fruit and bread. But we still drink the stuff...when in Asia, do as the tourists do.
I don't mind Tooheys new as a standard beer, but love Newcastle Brown (Dunston Brown!) for flavour, and my favourite is anything from the Thornbridge stable :D English beers will always trump - especially Sth/Central American fizz....

Undrinkable;
- XXXX Bitter
- Stella
- Waikato Draught
- SOL, Corona, Dos Equis
- anything from CUB
- anything with fruit/spices etc to make it more palatable...

My 3 faves are Guinness, Kronenburg 1664, and Stella. Thats in England though! Here, Guiness is crap, and all 3 overpriced! anyone drinking Heineken, or Lowenbrau, or Calsberg, or Buds, drink imports for the sake of it, or like a good headache in the morning, they are rubbish...I like a pure Blond...:)
Haha thats the chav in ya :D

SEYBREW all the way

s7%20beer%20sey.jpg

Tennents,Crownie's and Stella are my first choice, occasionally i'll drink a 'Fifty', half old ,half new if I'm in a pub but i'll drink anything as long as it's cold....

If I'm on a bit of a budget I'll get Carlton Draught on tap when I'm out & drink Boags Draught stubbies at home. But the rare times I'm a bit more flush I'll get:
Coopers Sparkling (my personal fave)
James Squires either Amber Ale or Porter (yum)
Boags & Cascade Premiums are alright too.
Love going to the Belgium Beer Cafe & trying some of their outstanding brews.
My home brews have been hit & miss, some really nice & others undrinkable.
In NZ last year I was getting into the Speights & Monteiths which were nice, but the best was Macs Hop Rocker.

Beers I WON'T touch if I can avoid them
Carlton Cold
Corona
XXXX (esp XXXX Gold, what crap)
Tooheys New
Tui (mind you my only experience of this was at a gig in Auckland, the beer was warm & in plastic bottles....)
Any of those "infused" beers with whatever crap they put in them, lemon-lime cordial or whatever it is.
Pure Blonde
Anything low carb or mid strength

And then there's the "Just drinkable & vastly overrated" beers like Crown Lager & Heineken.

all depends on the wether =
Coopers sparkling when its cooler
Peroni on a hot day... actually Peroni any day ;) Peroni rocks!
heineken - only if its imported - not the carlton version which may as well b labled crown larger.
Coopers do have a new "clear". Just a clear bottle. I drank & i enjoyed....then realised its a low carb. Not really one for that marketing side, but it tasted good!
James Squire and the Beezneez range is full of awesome flavours!!!

But the old faith full has 2b Coopers pale ale. Suits any occasion.

Hmmm beeeer

Oh... and stelllllaaaaaaa!

Never got the whole thing with Stella? In England it's a low price beer that's popular with the underclass chavs;

chavs-neds-young-boys-gangs-drug-dealers.jpg

and here it is overpriced and a 'premium' brand?!
I reckon it tastes god-awful too!

Never got the whole thing with Stella? In England it's a low price beer that's popular with the underclass chavs;

chavs-neds-young-boys-gangs-drug-dealers.jpg

and here it is overpriced and a 'premium' brand?!
I reckon it tastes god-awful too!

i've got to agree with you on that. stella stinks as bad as it tastes.putrid stuff.i was bought a stella at the airport a few weeks ago and was burping stinky stella for hours afterwards.

Hey Toon, I knew a bird a couple back, who said that Newy Brown, had a similar taste to dirty water ;) could you pass comment on this candid reference.......:shock::lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back