my new blue,..

Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum

Help Support Aussie Pythons & Snakes Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris1

cupcake
Reaction score
well, not really mine and not all that new, ive seen him round the yard a fair bit recently and im now convinced hes made my back yard his home!

im so flattered, he lets me get really close and has eaten some banana from my hand, he wasnt to sure at first so i brought one of my beardies out to show him how its done, and after that he was into it!! :)

yesterday he was cleaning up snails from under the bromilliads, this is a poison free zone so its a great place for him to call home,...

Attachments

• DSC03732.jpg
    DSC03732.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 200
  • DSC03718.jpg
    DSC03718.jpg
    102.3 KB · Views: 176
hahah cool as. im glad there are no blueys making homeage in my backyard... we have a red heeler and im sure it wouldnt go down too well... he got very aggressive when he sniffed my jungle pythons slough... natural instincts for him are very dangerous for the little reppies :S

Looks very healthy. Should be fine so long as there are no cats, dogs or birds to harass him and there are lots of hiding spots. They are true survivors.

You're very lucky that he's taken a liking to your garden. Look after him

thanks guys! :p

he mostly lives behind the garden shed, (we put a few pvc pipes, and safely proped up pavers etc behind it for him) he has a safe route around the fenceline, loads of shrubs and ground cover to keep him safe all the way to the front,..... :)

havent seen many cats in my yard lately, they seem to have gotten the hint.. :)

he loves banana!
(so much i almost lost a finger to his enthusiasm, lol,...)

...and i discovered whose been stealing my strawberries,....

Attachments

• bluey eating.jpg
    bluey eating.jpg
    85.4 KB · Views: 110
  • bluey eating2.jpg
    bluey eating2.jpg
    104.4 KB · Views: 111
My bluies used to go crazy for strawberries :) you have found your culprit!

wow hes beautiful, very lucky :D

he kinda looks like mine

SDC14736.jpg

gorgeous colours on ur bluey Richoman!

i love how fast they can move on those little legs, lol,..!

hehe Kirsty, my beardies love strawberries too, i never eat any myself cos i feel too guilty ahaha!!
anything else bluies go nuts over?
(i wanna bribe him into being my friend, lol,..)

"he wasnt to sure at first so i brought one of my beardies out to show him how its done, and after that he was into it!! :)"
buwahahaha that bit sounds so cute lol

That's unreal Chris! I'm so jealous - unfortunately the house I'm renting now has dogs on ALL 3 surrounding properties, and as such, we have bugger-all wild reps in our yard :(
However, when I was growing up in the northern burbs of BrisVegas, we had an Eastern Beardy that used to hang out in our front yard for me to get home from school, and then climb into my lap to eat any insects I offered. She was 'little miss stumpy tail', after (I'm guessing) a fight with a local cat. Utterly broke my heart the day I found her dead on the road one day... still think about her 30-odd years on...
Did your beardies show any interest in the bluey when they were close? Thanks for the pics!
Nic

that would have been so cool,....poor little miss stumpy tail,.. ;(

nah, i took Chub out to show the bluey, i think she was oblivious to everything except the fact that there was uneaten banana in my hand, lol,...!!

the beardies do watch him cruising around from their aviary though (probably jealous hes on the other side of the mesh), Kaida ran to teh mesh and started waving at him on sunday!!

Kaida ran to teh mesh and started waving at him on sunday!!

HAHA! Would've paid money to see that! Do you have a mulberry tree in your yard? Mine are fruiting and all the lizards are wearing purple lipstick. I bet blueys'd go for mulberries, hey?

Cheers,
Nic

haha, what tarts, making themselves pretty for their dad, lol,..(if ur into purple lizard lips that is,..) :p

nah, dont have a mulberry tree, would be really handy fro silkworm season though!! ill look into that!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back